Author Topic: I'm thinking of reinstalling Avast home  (Read 4132 times)

Offline cheater87

I'm thinking of reinstalling Avast home
« on: January 10, 2007, 04:52:36 AM »
Should I wait for the new version or install the full version now. I uninstalled it to see if the updating problem would go away and I heard a new version is coming out soon. Should I stick with the temp anti virus I have now and wait for the full version of the new avast?
I have Opera, WOT, K9 Web Protection, Avast Free web shield and Behavior blocker only, Comodo Internet Security 10, and common sense. ^_^

Offline cheater87

Re: I'm thinking of reinstalling Avast home
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 04:53:13 AM »
Oh and can I use the same email to get the activation code?
I have Opera, WOT, K9 Web Protection, Avast Free web shield and Behavior blocker only, Comodo Internet Security 10, and common sense. ^_^

Offline TedNelly

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Trust No-One!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 05:53:30 AM »
The New Version of Avast 5 is still some time off I suggest installing the full version now. You can use the same email to get activation code.
Windows 10 Pro | Intel I7 CPU | 16 Gig 2133 RAM | Avast beta 17.5.2295 | Firefox 54 b9(64-bit) | Cyberfox 52.1 | T-Bird 52.1.1 | SpyWareBlaster 5.5 | MalwareBytes 3.0.0.865 | WinPatrol 35.5.2 | GlassWire 1.2.100 | Cybereason Ransomfree 2.2.7 |  Pulla-dePlug Final!

Offline cheater87

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 07:22:56 AM »
I installed it again and I'm wondering how to get the avast popup thing to go away on the left side.

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 07:34:58 AM »
It just goes to show that uninstalling avast does not remove all of avast (I think it should - others may differ) and that your avast settings from your previous install and your tinkering with settings plagues you yet.

In each of the providers for avast in their Customized >  "Advanced" tab have a checkbox for "Show detailed info on performed action".

You have probably got this checked in the Webshield ... but check all your active providers and uncheck the "Show detailed info on performed action" and the popup information should cease.

Offline cheater87

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 07:47:11 AM »
I went and checked it and its does not have a check there

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 07:50:47 AM »
Did you check for each active provider?

If they are all unchecked - please tell us more of the popup ... as I think of it ... the ones I am thinking of are on the right hand side.

Offline cheater87

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 08:03:24 AM »
How do I do that?

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 08:29:47 AM »
Well for instance ...

what appears in this popup that you want to go away?

Offline cheater87

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 08:59:53 AM »
Its the simple user interface

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 11:43:49 AM »
Its the simple user interface
Is it a popup message at the bottom of the screen or the splash screen that you get running ashavast.exe ?
The best things in life are free.