Author Topic: Hide Facebook Stories & Rooms Extension for Avast Browser  (Read 1421 times)

Offline rchilburn

Hide Facebook Stories & Rooms Extension for Avast Browser
« on: April 07, 2021, 05:42:41 AM »
I've been a chrome user for years, use duck duck go for search, and recently I am using Avast web browser. Chrome has an extension to Hide FB stories and rooms, is this available for the Avast Browser?

Much Obliged In Advance

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: Hide Facebook Stories & Rooms Extension for Avast Browser
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 06:03:10 AM »
Avast Secure Browser is a Chromium based browser just like most browsers come to-day.
Also firefox, Iridium, Brave, ungoogled chrome, all come as chromium-(engines)-based browsers.
Even Microsoft Edge is a chromium flaw now-a-days.

Exemptions: P2P-browser Beaker, and the old Chameleon browser.
I use to run and fancy Flock from Palo Alto labs, but that is now years long obsolete and archived.

Whenever Google Chrome extensions are allowed for original Chrome Browser,
Avast Secure Browser will also run.

You only have to be persistent and when Avast Secure Browser asks allow to install a particular extension.

I personally run Local CDN(0) to run external scripts locally to avoid tracking of sorts, Privacy Badger from EFF,
Clear URLs extension, all from Google Chrome extensions, but downloaded them manually
(first Chromium Webstore, and then dragged in separately downloaded extensions,
(not recommend this method for the run of the mill usual user),
but is such way you avoid ever to log into Google account, to avoid further Google tracking).

Enjoy your Avast Secure Browsing with your personal privacy and security extensions  ;)

polonus (Avast Secure Browser beta-tester)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 06:04:51 AM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline rchilburn

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 08:44:37 AM »
thanks for your reply, I was able to install the FBP Facebook purity on the Avast browser, as you said it is chromium based, and I was able to hide stories and rooms, and several other things, after about 2-3 weeks on the Avast browser, I am really starting to like it better than chrome, I can set my search engine to duckduckgo and overall it is BATTER than chrome so far !

much obliged again, God Bless you and yours always!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 03:20:37 PM by rchilburn »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 06:42:51 PM »
Hi rchillburn,

Good to hear that you are satisfied using the browser, having avast online security aboard also enhances that browser.
It even now alerts against website downgrading attacks, as I have found out being a beta tester of the browser.
To locally re-write tracking scripts inside it install ClearURLs extension for chrome onto Avast Secure Browser.
It re-writes 50 scripts on this particular forum website alone, so well worth considering  ;)

Have a nice international chocolate day,

polonus (volunteer 3rd party cold recon website security analyst and website error-hunter)
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!