Author Topic: three different e-mail accounts  (Read 5453 times)

menita

three different e-mail accounts
« on: February 04, 2004, 04:12:51 AM »
Hi, I'm new here!

I'm recently using avast! for home and I'm having troubles with my e-mail accounts. As far as I know, avast can only manage e-mail protection for just one e-mail server through outlook express 6. I'm using WinXp with three different sessions (a familiy pc) and all of we have different e-mail servers (POP). And in my case, I manage my hotmail account with outlook, too.

What can I do????  :'(

Thanx!

Culpeper

Re:three different e-mail accounts
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 06:01:14 AM »
Verify that each account in OE incoming and outgoing servers are set at 127.0.0.1 and the Incoming Mail Server Account Name resembles, "youraccount1#mail.yourisp.com" for each separate account.  Let us know.

Colonel

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 08:38:28 AM »
I also have 3 eamil addys using different identies on OE. I went to mail setup wizzard and applied vast to my main identity and when I checked all email accounts were added to avast.

menita

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 05:01:17 PM »
Thanx!

I did everything and avast! is working OK with my POP3 accounts, but I think I cannot make it work with hotmail. I post a message in every clean  sent/recieve message and I couldn't see any confirmation in the e-mails sent with hotmail (through OE).
Ah! And I found many messages infected with this disgusting Win32:Mydoom thank you avast!

Menita

Culpeper

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 09:24:41 PM »
Do a search for hotmail popper on this forum.  Some people use this program for Avast and hotmail.

fukushi

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 10:09:06 PM »
Hello,

I've selected avast as my virus scanner, great product!

I also handle multiple e-mail accounts with outlook 2000, and I don't know how to configure my avast for it has no function that says clearly:

smtp/pop-accounts

What do I have to do to resolve this? (please elaborate explanation, my native language is not english)

Thank you!

Edit:
Strangely Avast! took my accounts and merged them under one incoming server automatically, since the new mails I received bare the avast attached message in the bottom of the msg's,...

Problem solved itself apparentely, Thank you Avast!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 10:18:49 PM by fukushi »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 04:00:13 AM »
The Mail Protection Wizard could correct this in my opinion...

About, Hotmail, if I'm not wrong, it won't work with avast! because Hotmail does not use POP3 and SMTP servers...  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Culpeper

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 05:39:37 AM »

About, Hotmail, if I'm not wrong, it won't work with avast! because Hotmail does not use POP3 and SMTP servers...  ;)

Technical,

There's been a few developments on this subject during your absence...

http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=2351;start=0

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2004, 12:00:40 PM »

Technical,

There's been a few developments on this subject during your absence...

http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=2351;start=0

Thanks Culpeper for the update  ;D
The best things in life are free.