Author Topic: Still can't download program updates to Win98  (Read 2267 times)

rraberbach

Still can't download program updates to Win98
« on: January 15, 2007, 01:06:24 PM »
Tried again today to download to Win98 machine. This time, it stalled on the setup file: avpro-3aa-3a8.vpd  stopped at 481,236. The virus updates worked fine.

Is there anything that I am doing wrong? Is this NOT supposed to work with Windows 98? Do I NOT need the program updates. Can someone please advise.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Still can't download program updates to Win98
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 01:24:38 PM »
Please download the full installer of the Professional or Home version and run it. It will offer you an update to build 938 where this problem should be corrected.
Sorry for the troubles.

cvsa

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 02:15:11 PM »
i confirm ! it works ! :D

- download full installer,
- uninstall avast
- reboot
- install via installer

Sandy01

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 02:44:05 PM »
It worked for me too. I'm new to the forum but not the program. I've never had a problem with the program until now and I've been using it for about a year and a half. I came here, read the fix here, tried it and, so far, so good :-) Thanks for the help. Sandy01.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 03:08:38 PM »
It worked for me too. I'm new to the forum but not the program. I've never had a problem with the program until now and I've been using it for about a year and a half. I came here, read the fix here, tried it and, so far, so good :-) Thanks for the help. Sandy01.
Welcome... feel free to come back not only for asking for help (I hope you don't need it...) but also to share knowledge and experience  8)
The best things in life are free.