Author Topic: Need Help Upgrading  (Read 3114 times)

atwest

Need Help Upgrading
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:27:43 PM »
I Think my last post was too complicated. One problem at a time. I bought a PRO upgrade by credit card, get confirmation and a license by email, but no download attachment. I did the buying on Saturday, today is Tuesday, everything happened in 24 hours. Still no "product". I've written to customer serivce. No help there yet. I'm still using Home edition.

Shouldn't I be getting an attachment with a download for PRO in it? Or am I mistaken?

Help.

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
Re: Need Help Upgrading
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 08:29:29 PM »
When you insert your new pro key, avast should automatically get the files and upgrade you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 08:33:39 PM »
In you're in a computer without Internet connection, just download the Pro setup in another computer, run it and add your Pro key.
If you have connection, just add the key like Oldman posted.
The best things in life are free.

atwest

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 09:12:59 PM »
Thanks Oldman, I just happened to see the same advice from someone called Igor on another string. Here I've been waiting around for an email with a download to appear. This way is so simple. I wish they'd give some instructions with the purchase.

Next problem: I did a download of a trial on my husband's Laptop of the Pro upgrade. I really wanted download, not a trial, but that's what was offerred. Now I need a key. I assume I go back and click on buy now on his Laptop to buy him a key.

I did run the download, but I didn't uninstall the Home edition first. The Laptop says I'm still running Home edition. Do I have to uninstall, reboot, install Pro, and then get a PRO key to make that Laptop work?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 10:06:08 PM »
Thanks Oldman, I just happened to see the same advice from someone called Igor on another string.
Igor is from avast team... we're just users.
This is why we asked to never post twice the same... just double the effort of helping  :-\

Next problem: I did a download of a trial on my husband's Laptop of the Pro upgrade. I really wanted download, not a trial, but that's what was offerred. Now I need a key. I assume I go back and click on buy now on his Laptop to buy him a key.
If you buy him a key, just add it...

I did run the download, but I didn't uninstall the Home edition first. The Laptop says I'm still running Home edition. Do I have to uninstall, reboot, install Pro, and then get a PRO key to make that Laptop work?
The first installation is always a trial version. It will downgrade to Home if you add a free key. It will upgrade to Pro if you add a bought key.
You don't need to uninstall nothing. avast will be transformed in the version you've used the key, Pro or Home.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 10:08:10 PM by Tech »
The best things in life are free.

atwest

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 10:22:10 PM »
Thanks a million. You've made a murky matter marvellously clear. ;D

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 05:35:55 AM »