Author Topic: Suggestion for additional Catalog field  (Read 3135 times)

jetter

Suggestion for additional Catalog field
« on: January 24, 2007, 09:32:18 PM »
Looking over the info gathered in the Computer Catalog about each machine looks great.  I like seeing the CPU, RAM, IP, OS etc.  The only thing I see missing, which would be helpful, is the last user logged on.  I have tried using other network management software to track computers, but they all seem to be a pain.  If ADNM is tracking all this info it could eaisly add the last user logged on and I would be set!
---
I was looking into the SQL data structure to see if I can get to the great info listed about each computer, but I can't find it  :'( I've looked at each table, but can't seem to located where the CPU, RAM, IP, etc data is stored.  Where is this data?  I would like to run some custom reports that link this to purchase prices based on PO number.
---
 ;D Nevermind - I found the info in the Engine table
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 05:00:49 PM by jetter »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Suggestion for additional Catalog field
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 12:29:23 AM »
Hi, and sorry for not getting back to your earlier.

Thanks for the suggestion - it makes sense to me.
However, be assured that even with the existing version, ADNM gives you (sort of) this ability.

The thing is, whenever a user logs on to a machine with the agent installed, the agent creates a log entry. The log entry includes the name of the user that has just logged on.

The log entry ID is 1107307260. You can create a filter for it in the Custom Events folder in the ADNM Console.

Cheers
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.