Author Topic: "Failed fixing security" error messages with VPS updates  (Read 2193 times)

grenon

"Failed fixing security" error messages with VPS updates
« on: January 15, 2007, 02:46:52 PM »
Hello,

I have Avast 4.7 Home edition on Windows XP with the firewall ZoneAlarm. The update settings are "automatic update" for the VPS and "ask me" for the program. Everything seems to work fine, but looking at the Installation log file, I discovered several error messages coming after each update of the VPS file for each file in the Avast folder:

" (current date)  file  Failed fixing security on (file pathname), error 0x0000007A"

I have installed the software in the default folder starting with the 4.7.827 version in May 2006 and I noticed that the "Failed fixing security" error messages appeared  after the first update of the program, that was with the 4.7.844 version in June 2006. I am now working with the 4.7.892 version and the VPS is 0703-0 from yesterday.  The installation log file shows these error messages after each VPS update or program update since the program update with the 4.7.844 version.

I have found posts about these error messages in the forum, but from people having real problems with Avast. I have no problem and the software seems to work perfectly (no pop up  error message during the runtime), but because of these errors in the installation log file I wonder if my installation is really "safe". Has anyone an idea about what could be wrong in my installation?

Thanks in advance for help.

What a strange idea to read the log file when all is working fine?  ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: "Failed fixing security" error messages with VPS updates
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 03:10:18 PM »
On version 4.7.936, there were some update problems.
Please download the full installer of the Professional or Home version and run it. It will offer you an update to build 938 where this problem should be corrected.

Welcome to avast forums  8)
The best things in life are free.

grenon

Re: "Failed fixing security" error messages with VPS updates
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 03:19:57 PM »
Thank you for the info.  ;D