Author Topic: Synchronization failure with my pda  (Read 2162 times)

babybear23

Synchronization failure with my pda
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:36:24 AM »
Hi there i have two pda's an Asus and a Casio when i try to sync them with activesync 4.2 i get an error message "Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart your desktop computer and synchronize again. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator." As soon as i unistall avast they sync no problem.  I'm running office 2003 and windows xp sp2. I've tried creating an exclution in avast but didn't work i've search the forum and didn't find anything please any help would be great. Thanks in advance

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Re: Synchronization failure with my pda
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 08:50:14 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

For completeness please advise your operating system on the PC and the version of avast. 

Rather than completely uninstalling avast can you try to isolate one of the avast providers that,  when stopped, allows the connection to be made?  For example, the Internet Mail provider. the Webshield or the Network Shield come to mind.

babybear23

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 07:27:56 PM »
Even when i right click avast and say stop all protectiong it does the same thing. I don't want to stop using avast cause i really like it. Thanks

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 02:37:07 AM »
I think that this is one for the avast team to answer.