Author Topic: Avast omni hub stops internet  (Read 764 times)

Offline RobertEBrown

Avast omni hub stops internet
« on: April 15, 2021, 11:36:49 PM »
I tried searching for this problem and only found 1 similar but it had no information and what to do about it.

I'm using an ARRIS modem/router rented from my ISP (Mediacom).  Model # TG3452.  Everything works great until I connect the Omni hub.  Once connected, I cannot even access my homepage in the internet.  I use MyYahoo for that page.  As soon as I disconnect the hub, everything works great again.

Simple question:  What do I need to do?

Thanks.

Offline Robert1597

Re: Avast omni hub stops internet
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 08:49:40 PM »
Since there appears to be absolutely no tech support for this product and it totally blocks my use of the internet, I have unsubscribed to it and will only recommend that others do not use it.

Thanks for your time. {/sarcasm off}

Offline TIFFANY53

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 06:39:06 AM »
Thanks for your feedback a tech is taking care of the problem . It will work in the favor.

Offline ge0711

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 10:48:25 PM »
I have the same problem. I have contacted tech support and it takes them about 2 weeks to respond and they say the techs are still looking into it. Its very frustrating. My internet goes down at least 8 times a day.

Offline jamofo22

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 02:58:08 AM »
When i first got the product I had similar issues. If i remember it was because you need to do the install in a very particular order. I think it was install the software and activate the subscription, add your computer as a recognized device, then install the hardware. If you don't it'll block everything on the network. Good luck!