Author Topic: Problems with re-newing license for Avast Premium Security  (Read 1355 times)

Offline yardbird

Problems with re-newing license for Avast Premium Security
« on: April 17, 2021, 07:34:09 AM »
I have problems with renewing Avast Premier Security.

First I get a message from Avast about automatic re-newing of the license to a campaign price. My current license expires in October.

Of course I click "yes" for that.

Then I get an e-mail from Avast, saying that the automatic re-newing of the license has started.

Then I get another e-mail from Avast saying that my automatic re-newing of the license "has stopped on my request".

But I haven't stopped anything!

Then there's a message which says that "if you have turned off the automatic renewing by mistake you just have to go to avast.com/find-order to start the process again.

So that's what I do.

Then, when I try to do that, the password and order-ID doesn't fit. So for some strange reason, I have to get a new password.

When I finally manage to log in to the site, I see a message which says that I can't start the renewing of the license process!

There is a small "i" beside the information and when I click at that, I see a text which says (translated from Swedish) "Unfortunately we can't transform this one-time purchase to a an on-going subscription. If you want to continue to use the product, you must buy a new when the current license has expired."

When I try to contact support, there's no support in Swedish from the Swedish Avast office so they suggest that I should visit the English Avast support, which I do. And I can tell you that buying Avast products from Sweden while being requested to turn to the English support for some problem which occurred has caused some complications before, ending up with double orders for the same product so I try to avoid that as much as possible.

There I ran into a wall of FAQ's which didn't give me any help or instructions at all.

"Visit our forums" is the suggestion I get when I search for a way to contact Avast.

So here I am and I have to ask: What the h*** is going on?

Why did I get the message about renewing the license for a campaign price when it's obviously impossible to do so?

Why was the renewing process turned off? I did't do it. And why did I get a message saying that I had turned off a process which obviously had no purpose at all, according to that information I got when I finally managed to access my ongoing subscriptions.

And why is it so impossible to find support when needed?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Problems with re-newing license for Avast Premium Security
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 11:49:33 AM »
Hi, I reported it for you.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline yardbird

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 07:05:57 PM »
Thanks a lot! :)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 07:46:10 AM »
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 02:39:34 PM »
I have problems with renewing Avast Premier Security.

First I get a message from Avast about automatic re-newing of the license to a campaign price. My current license expires in October.

Of course I click "yes" for that.

Then I get an e-mail from Avast, saying that the automatic re-newing of the license has started.

Then I get another e-mail from Avast saying that my automatic re-newing of the license "has stopped on my request".

But I haven't stopped anything!

Then there's a message which says that "if you have turned off the automatic renewing by mistake you just have to go to avast.com/find-order to start the process again.

So that's what I do.

Then, when I try to do that, the password and order-ID doesn't fit. So for some strange reason, I have to get a new password.

When I finally manage to log in to the site, I see a message which says that I can't start the renewing of the license process!

There is a small "i" beside the information and when I click at that, I see a text which says (translated from Swedish) "Unfortunately we can't transform this one-time purchase to a an on-going subscription. If you want to continue to use the product, you must buy a new when the current license has expired."

When I try to contact support, there's no support in Swedish from the Swedish Avast office so they suggest that I should visit the English Avast support, which I do. And I can tell you that buying Avast products from Sweden while being requested to turn to the English support for some problem which occurred has caused some complications before, ending up with double orders for the same product so I try to avoid that as much as possible.

There I ran into a wall of FAQ's which didn't give me any help or instructions at all.

"Visit our forums" is the suggestion I get when I search for a way to contact Avast.

So here I am and I have to ask: What the h*** is going on?

Why did I get the message about renewing the license for a campaign price when it's obviously impossible to do so?

Why was the renewing process turned off? I did't do it. And why did I get a message saying that I had turned off a process which obviously had no purpose at all, according to that information I got when I finally managed to access my ongoing subscriptions.

And why is it so impossible to find support when needed?

Hi,

To clarify when you clicked on the link to renew (campaign price), did it take you to the avast store? If it did not work then it might have been due to a browser issue.
To look further into this issue, I would suggest that you create a ticket with support via https://support.avast.com/en-eu/contact/sales_other_general