Author Topic: "updating license will expire soon" even after reregistration  (Read 13954 times)

Offline evollbach

Re: "updating license will expire soon" even after reregistration
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 01:08:30 PM »
If it truly succeeded you should see the Updates expiration (that I asked about ;D) should have changed to a point roughly 14 months in the future ?
OH NO! Yesterday the updated registration key was in "About." Today it's back to the old key! And the updates expiration date is February 1, 2007!

How could this be if I got a "completed sucessfully" message after I gave it the new key yesterday? What's going on?

Beth

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 02:51:18 PM »
How could this be if I got a "completed sucessfully" message after I gave it the new key yesterday? What's going on?
Beth... something is wrong. Would you mind do this?

1. Uninstall avast from Control Panel first.
2. Boot.
3. Use Avast Uninstall for complete uninstallation.
4. Boot.
5. Install again the last 4.7.942 version at default path.
6. Boot.
The best things in life are free.

Offline evollbach

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 05:16:49 PM »
1. Uninstall avast from Control Panel first.
2. Boot.
3. Use Avast Uninstall for complete uninstallation.
4. Boot.
5. Install again the last 4.7.942 version at default path.
6. Boot.
OK, I just followed these steps, then registered. When I get a registration key emailed to me, I'll insert it and see how things look.

As I said, I'm using Windows 98 because I can't afford to upgrade the operating system. And I really do need to upgrade ASAP. I always have trouble shutting down the computer. Whatever is causing this trouble may be the reason I was having trouble with Avast, although I doubt it.

Beth

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 05:20:45 PM »
I always have trouble shutting down the computer. Whatever is causing this trouble may be the reason I was having trouble with Avast, although I doubt it.
Indeed, things could be related... because a bad shutdown could avoid things to be saved in Windows Registry and errors could appear...

rommel

I also have this license issue..
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 05:59:41 PM »
Hello guys,
     i've been having this notification issue for the past 3 weeks. I originally purchased SMS2003 server edition with 25 pro licenses in Nov. 2005. I renewed our license this past November. I noticed that the new license I received was identical to the 2005 license file. I've installed the latest pro version downloaded from the website on a brand new workstation and I still received the license message. We only have about 20 workstations but I purchased a license for 25 this past November.

Please help, when I check the license file in the tray icon, it expires Feb. 1st.
rommel

:(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: I also have this license issue..
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 09:23:45 PM »
Please help, when I check the license file in the tray icon, it expires Feb. 1st.
Rommel, it would be good if you post here (the server board): http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=8.0
Anyway, you can send an email to sales @ avast.com in order to receive proper support.

rommel

OK, thanks, I'll repost in the server forums.
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 09:31:42 PM »
thanks,
rommel

Offline evollbach

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
I had said in a post above that I uninstalled Avast Home Edition, then installed the latest Home Edition. But I suspected that my shutdown problems with Windows 98 could be related to my inability to save the registration key I inserted.
Indeed, things could be related... because a bad shutdown could avoid things to be saved in Windows Registry and errors could appear...
The registration key was emailed to me, and I inserted it according to directions. I got a message that the operation completed successfully, the new registration key was in "About," and so was an expiration in 2008.

But today the registration key is gone, and the expiration date is in March 2007!

I don't know what to do.

Beth

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 04:04:34 PM »
But today the registration key is gone, and the expiration date is in March 2007!
Beth wasn't you follow another thread about the same problem?
I hope Igor take a look here... seems a problem with Windows 98 that we, users, can't help anymore...

Offline evollbach

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 05:54:06 PM »
Beth wasn't you follow another thread about the same problem?
I hope Igor take a look here... seems a problem with Windows 98 that we, users, can't help anymore...
Yes, it was a problem with Windows 98. It did help, though, to be told that an improper shutdown will prevent the Registry from saving information.

So I copied and pasted the new registration key again, then immediately tried to shut down. It did do a proper shutdown. (Seems that the problem is that all programs I did have open, then closed, did not close completely, even though I checked the task list.)

A few minutes after this proper shutdown, I turned the computer on again and checked Avast "About." Sure enough, this time the new registration key was saved, and it says I'm good until April 1, 2008.

When I have money, after a dentist appointment, I'll be able to pay for a new computer. Thanks for the help.

Beth

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 09:57:29 PM »
It did help, though, to be told that an improper shutdown will prevent the Registry from saving information.
If I said that, I believe that. This things happen  :P

So I copied and pasted the new registration key again, then immediately tried to shut down. It did do a proper shutdown. (Seems that the problem is that all programs I did have open, then closed, did not close completely, even though I checked the task list.) A few minutes after this proper shutdown, I turned the computer on again and checked Avast "About." Sure enough, this time the new registration key was saved, and it says I'm good until April 1, 2008.
I was about to suggest that you add the key, disable avast protection, close all your programs, boot... you've discovered first: you bet me  ;)

rommel

Hello Tech, I'm not getting any help from the server forums, can you help me?
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2007, 07:33:31 PM »
Rommel, it would be good if you post here (the server board): http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=8.0
Anyway, you can send an email to sales @ avast.com in order to receive proper support.