Author Topic: Resident protection  (Read 34892 times)

Bobby

Re:Resident protection
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2003, 04:15:17 AM »
I think I will download the lastes version and re-install, I'm right back at where i started, resident protection is off again, HELP!

Bobby

Bobby

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2003, 05:27:34 AM »
I downloaded the lastet version of avast home edition. Un-installed the old version and installed the new on. I would like to know how to answer the question in mail protection about "SMTP" and "POP3". Also can you tell me how to register my lastet version? Thanks again.

Bobby

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2003, 05:37:47 AM »
For POP and SMTP, just select the guys from the drop-down list.

For registration - you can either insert the key you used last time, or obtain a new key by filling in the form at http://www.avast.com/regist4.htm .

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Bobby

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2003, 06:24:35 AM »
Hello VLK, there was no drop down list for those questions, so I put AOL for SMTP, and POP3 for the other, not sure what it is asking for. Can you expand on this so I am sure i have the right settings? Also, I registered my lastest version so I should be ok there. I'm still confused about the virus chest update, when I click on the icon for update it gives me a menu that says "direct connection" however it does nothing when i click "test connection" and after i close it, it tells me i have the latest update. on my simple interface it says it is not updated, any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Bobby

n4cer

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2003, 03:34:30 AM »
Bobby, I don't think Avast's e-mail protection will work if you're using AOL. I don't think AOL uses standard e-mail servers.

If your avast is refusing to update, check to be sure you have the "program update" installed. Then, get the latest definitions.

If this still doesn't work, try reinstalling avast.

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2003, 12:35:40 PM »
Hello VLK, there was no drop down list for those questions, so I put AOL for SMTP, and POP3 for the other, not sure what it is asking for. Can you expand on this so I am sure i have the right settings?
Bobby

See the thread that you have created: http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=81;start=0

Bobby

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2003, 05:17:18 PM »
Thanks for the info n4cer, very disappointed that it does not work with AOL.

Bobby

kubecj

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2003, 02:22:26 AM »
very disappointed that it does not work with AOL.

Then switch your e-mail provider. This is not fault of avast!

Bobby

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2003, 10:37:06 PM »
I did not accuse avast of being at fault, I said I was disappointed it did not work with AOL.