Author Topic: LOST MOST PHOTOS AFTER AVAST CLEANUP OPTIMISATION  (Read 3660 times)

Offline Toni Wilson

LOST MOST PHOTOS AFTER AVAST CLEANUP OPTIMISATION
« on: May 20, 2021, 03:42:15 AM »
Hi there,

I have just completed 'optimising' images via Avast Cleanup. I chose the option to backup to Google Photos but now when I go to Gallery there are so many photos just showing the grey icon with a ? Any help with this would be much appreciated - I thought the images would just be compressed but now there are a lot just showing as ? mixed in with remaining photos. Very disappointed.Ee

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: LOST MOST PHOTOS AFTER AVAST CLEANUP OPTIMISATION
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 08:42:01 AM »
Hi there,

I have just completed 'optimising' images via Avast Cleanup. I chose the option to backup to Google Photos but now when I go to Gallery there are so many photos just showing the grey icon with a ? Any help with this would be much appreciated - I thought the images would just be compressed but now there are a lot just showing as ? mixed in with remaining photos. Very disappointed.Ee

Hi,

this is a Windows Cleanup forum, I assume that you have a problem with Andriod version, is that correct?

Thank you.

Offline steventillson02

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 10:38:07 AM »
The same thing happened with me.

I run avast clean tool on my Windows 10 and it removed all my images and videos.

Now unable to recover.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 02:10:41 PM »
The same thing happened with me.

I run avast clean tool on my Windows 10 and it removed all my images and videos.

Now unable to recover.

Hi,

If you go to Go to Rescue Center are there any items that coincide with this issue to undo?
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Use-Cleanup-Premium/#idt_060