Author Topic: Avast version 21.3.2459 problem with continued high CPU  (Read 2505 times)

Offline robert_dessecker

Avast version 21.3.2459 problem with continued high CPU
« on: April 18, 2021, 01:59:08 PM »
Every since this version was installed the task "Avast Service Cleanup" has continuously run at 50+% and very high power usage causing my laptop to run hot.
Rebooting the laptop does not help. Has anyone else seen this? Solutions?

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Avast version 21.3.2459 problem with continued high CPU
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 09:49:54 AM »
Every since this version was installed the task "Avast Service Cleanup" has continuously run at 50+% and very high power usage causing my laptop to run hot.

Hi,

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.

You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically sent to our server.
Once it is done, please let me know (in PM) which email address you have used there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 08:48:01 PM »

Hi,

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.

You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically sent to our server.
Once it is done, please let me know (in PM) which email address you have used there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

Hello,

We have probably identified where the problem was and already released a fix which should be distributed to all users in the following 48 hours.
Please let me know if the problem persists even after that period and we will investigate it further.

Thank you for reporting the issue and bearing with us despite the problem, we sincerely apologize for all troubles which might be caused by this issue.

Offline steventillson02

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 01:33:41 PM »
Avast Service Cleanup is nor opening automatically on my PC.