Author Topic: Mouse cursor shows constant busy w Avast Premium  (Read 4598 times)

Offline dags

Mouse cursor shows constant busy w Avast Premium
« on: April 18, 2021, 06:37:13 PM »
I updated new version of Avast Premium, and my mouse cursor is constantly blinking busy.  I checked and it appears Avast cleanup services are constantly running in the background - it never did before - so I had to stop it.  I don't mind stopping the service - but now I can't access any "sleeping" applications, which is a problem.  This ONLY happened when I updated to the latest version of Avast Premium.  I tried removing and reinstalling, but I have the same issue. Never has this before in the years I've used it.  HELP!  I'd rather remove software and cancel subscription than to have this blinking busy.

Offline brgreg

Re: Mouse cursor shows constant busy w Avast Premium
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 01:29:57 AM »
I have the same exact problem with the mouse cursor.
Happens on both Windows 10 machines on which I run Avast Premium Security.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 01:36:28 PM »
Hi,

first of all let me sincerely apologize for all troubles associated with usage of our product.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically sent to our server.
Once it is done, please let me know (in PM) which email address you have used there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

Offline Shedman

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 08:33:00 PM »
Ditto.....

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 09:15:59 PM »
Ditto.....

Please follow the instructions given by Stellarman (Avast Team) to help pinpoint the problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Shedman

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 10:59:43 PM »
already performed that...... just waiting on a solution besides cancelling the subscription.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 12:39:15 AM »
OK, hopefully it will help the developers.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline dags

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 01:55:35 AM »
Stellarman - I just collected and sent the logs.  Pls let me know - I need to fix or cancel - I'm seeing the busy cursor in my sleep!  Thx.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2021, 03:20:06 PM »
already performed that...... just waiting on a solution besides cancelling the subscription.

Hi,

thank you for sending us the logs, we received them and we are now trying to investigate what happened so we can fix it.
Please note that this phase might take several days, so please bear with us and I will keep you informed about the progress.

Thank you.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2021, 03:20:15 PM »
Stellarman - I just collected and sent the logs.  Pls let me know - I need to fix or cancel - I'm seeing the busy cursor in my sleep!  Thx.

Hi,

thank you for sending us the logs, we received them and we are now trying to investigate what happened so we can fix it.
Please note that this phase might take several days, so please bear with us and I will keep you informed about the progress.

Thank you.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2021, 08:47:19 PM »
Hello everyone,

I moved the topic into Avast Cleanup as the issue is connected with Cleanup not Avast Premium.

Anyway, in the meantime we have probably identified where the problem was and already released a fix which should be distributed to all users in the following 48 hours.
Please let me know if the problem persists even after that period and we will investigate it further.

Thank you for reporting the issue and bearing with us despite the problem, we sincerely apologize for all troubles which might be caused by this issue.

Offline dags

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 10:09:23 PM »
I look forward to the update -- regarding you moving the Topic, keep in mind the Avast Cleanup is now bundled inside the Avast Premium nd can very easily be construed by an end user as an Avast Premium problem.  I thought it was until I identified Cleanup running in the background and turned it off to verify.

Offline steventillson02

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2021, 02:21:38 PM »
Thank you for reporting the issue. facing the same.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2021, 03:33:40 PM »
Thank you for reporting the issue. facing the same.

Hi,

Could you please provide us with the log files?
Please follow the process as mentioned here:https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=261064.msg1601168#msg1601168