Author Topic: SBS/Pro "License will expire soon"  (Read 4954 times)

rommel

SBS/Pro "License will expire soon"
« on: January 19, 2007, 09:33:19 PM »
Hello guys,
     i've been having this notification issue for the past 3 weeks. I originally purchased SMS2003 server edition with 25 pro licenses for our workstations in Nov. 2005. I renewed our license this past November. I noticed that the new license I received was identical to the 2005 license file. I've installed the latest pro version downloaded from the website on a brand new workstation and I still received the license message. We only have about 20 workstations but I purchased a license for 25 this past November.

Please help, when I check the license file in the tray icon, it expires Feb. 1st.
rommel

:(

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: SBS/Pro "License will expire soon"
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 11:14:34 AM »
Hi, and sorry for the late reply. Are you using ADNM?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

rommel

Thanks for the reply, I used ADNM yesterday..
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 02:58:09 PM »
..and got the workstations straightened out. I thought that I could manually install avast pro manually on the workstations and let the guys run their own scans and customize their client. I didn't realize you could only do this for the first year of the license and then it has to be ADNM managed the following years. I have the SBS edition with 50 client license.

Thanks,
rommel

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 08:49:01 PM »
Who told you you can't use avast Pro after the first year? (I don't think that's the case).
Anyway, do I understand it correctly that the problem is now solved?

Cheers
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

rommel

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 04:21:31 PM »
Hello,
    For the first year, our client installs where the normal stand-alone Pro license. After the first year, our client licenses would indicate license would expire soon. The new license we received was identical to the license we received last year. After I installed the new license on the workstations, avast still indicated that the license would expire soon. I had to use ADNM to update the client licenses. Now our client licenses indicates that its a managed version. It's no longer a stand alone license Pro license. Our workstations works fine now execpt for one w2k workstation. I'm getting an error message when outlook opens. "....Ashoutxt.dll could not be installed or loaded". I tried updating avast and also performing a detect and repair within outlook and it didn't help.