Author Topic: Ardamax Keylogger  (Read 6332 times)

ihatethetarheels

Ardamax Keylogger
« on: January 21, 2007, 05:54:17 AM »
Hi, I've been a happy Avast! user for about 2 years now.  I am having trouble though with the Ardamax Keylogger, I want this program running for monitoring purposes but Avast! will not allow it.  I have added it to the exceptions using same instructions found here

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=12640.msg208856#msg208856

Am I missing something?

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
Re: Ardamax Keylogger
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 06:26:07 AM »
Welcome to the forums!

What is the file name that avast is detecting. Also which provider is the detection coming from?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 02:11:56 PM »
You need to use the Exclusion lists:

For the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning):
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...

For the other providers (on-demand scanning such as the screen-saver or the Simple User Interface):
Right click the 'a' blue icon, click Program Settings.
Go to Exclusions tab and click on Add button...

You can use wildcards like * and ?.
But be careful, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 03:44:05 PM »
Hi, I've been a happy Avast! user for about 2 years now.  I am having trouble though with the Ardamax Keylogger, I want this program running for monitoring purposes
<snip>
Am I missing something?

Keyloggers as a tool can be used for good or evil and that is difficult for an AV to determine, that is why the exclusions can be set by the user to allow its use.

However, you are only able to monitor your children AFTER they have been and visited the site/s that you would find objectionalbe.

You might want to check out Naomi Parental Control software (freeware) http://www.radiance.m6.net/
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ihatethetarheels

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 04:46:14 PM »
Thanks for your responses.

Oldman- I am assuming the provider the message is coming from is the Standard Shield.  On the bottom right of the screen  a blue and yellow message pops up saying

avast! On-Access Scanner Message
C:\Program Files\WGV\AKV.exe contains sample of 'Win32:Ardamax-W [Tool]'!

I also get the big pop-up in the middle of the screen saying Malware was Found!

Tech- The instructions you posted are the exact same ones I followed in the link that I provided.  I have excluded the C:\Program Files\WGV\ folder and that didnt work.  I have tried excluding each individual file included in the folder, also did not work.

DavidR- I am not interested in parental control, I want a keylogger monitor.

ihatethetarheels

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 04:49:50 PM »
Tech- I spoke too soon! I reread your instructions CAREFULLY and it works.  Thanks for your support, it works now just like I wanted ... Thank you!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 05:39:21 PM »
Tech- I spoke too soon! I reread your instructions CAREFULLY and it works.  Thanks for your support, it works now just like I wanted ... Thank you!
Glad it worked  8)
Feel free to come back any time if you need help.
By the way, are you using a keylogger to do parental control?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 05:48:09 PM »
<snip>
DavidR- I am not interested in parental control, I want a keylogger monitor.

You didn't mention why you wanted a keylogger and I offered the suggestion as Parental Control is most often why they wanted a keylogger in the first place.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ihatethetarheels

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 06:25:07 PM »
Tech- No I am not using the keylogger for parental control

DavidR- I appreciate your input but I simply want to record keystrokes on my PC. 

Avast was preventing the program from executing and also not very hidden when a big warning pops up.  Glad to know that Avast is working as it should.

Thanks again to all.

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 07:28:48 PM »
Glad you got it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 07:39:52 PM by oldman »