Author Topic: Change inserted message  (Read 5799 times)

ezeebob

Change inserted message
« on: April 22, 2003, 07:29:50 PM »
In avast 4 Pro is it possible to change the text of the inserted message into e-mail when using the internet mail module similar to the option available in the outlook/exchange module?

Also how does the scanner handle files with two (2) extensions as some viruses use eg. file.exe.txt?

Does it scan them and detect viruses or do we have to enter additional file types to scan?

Thank you

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Change inserted message
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 08:42:20 PM »
In avast 4 Pro is it possible to change the text of the inserted message into e-mail when using the internet mail module similar to the option available in the outlook/exchange module?

I don't believe it's currently possible; but it sounds reasonable enough to be added to one of the upcoming updates. ;)

Also how does the scanner handle files with two (2) extensions as some viruses use eg. file.exe.txt?

It always scans all attachments, regardless of their extension. However, if the scan is negative (i.e. no virus is found), the heuristic module takes control and should warn you about such a file... (in case it would be a new/yet-unknown virus)...

Hope this helps,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

ezeebob

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 09:33:33 PM »
Thank You for the prompt reply.  It would be nice to have this in a future update.  One more question if I may,

The message (text) that it inserts is not always viewable in the message body.  Is this by design or is it a bug.  I have such an e-mail if you would like to see it.  If I look at the properties it does show up there but not in the message body and the end of the e-mail as I sometimes see.

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 09:54:49 AM »
Yes, you are right, that feature is not quite perfect yet.

ezeebob

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 01:33:24 PM »
Thank You!