what is the better anti virus?

Avast
25 (100%)
AVG
0 (0%)
AntivirPE
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: WHAT IS BETTER????  (Read 16280 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:WHAT IS BETTER????
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2004, 03:15:07 AM »
I also have tried most other virus programs and there is no better than avast. For one, it doesnt hijack your comp like others do, extremely user friendly, has always detected viruses thru tests and real life ones that I have got and so many otehr reasons. And combinbe the fact that its just plain cool, thru skins and sounds , in my opinion you just cant beat it. I even scrapped my 2 year subscription I had to Norton for avast, that is after I dug into the registry and took out nortons tenticals......

I write reviews every where I can for avast, and always promote it verbaly..

And not to forget about the forums here, the best support sight there has ever been.

Way to go guys....... ;D

Datagg, wellcome! I got rid from Norton too... But are you sure you kill all the tenticals of it?  ::)
(take a look here)  8)
The best things in life are free.

Datagg

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2004, 04:35:02 AM »
oh yeah i did, i build comps and stuff for a living, i know right where those kind of hijackers like to hide.........

thanks bro....

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2004, 04:43:40 AM »
oh yeah i did, i build comps and stuff for a living, i know right where those kind of hijackers like to hide.........

thanks bro....

You're wellcome...
Take care, see you round.  ;)
Wellcome to forums  8)

njguy99007

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2004, 06:47:27 AM »
I have tried AVG, now i am working with Avast, so far i like it.
The only issue i have is that you have to maually set up your POP mail accounts if you have more than one (1).
Most of us out here have more than one email, I am still trying to get all my email addy's to work, hopefully i can reolve this issue.
Maybe one of the things the Avast Techies can add to the mail wizard is to have a field where you can add all of your email accouts.
anyway I like Avast so far and it has caused no inturruption to my system (XP Home).

Datagg

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2004, 07:34:16 AM »
it does add all...each account you have thru the mail wizrad....... I have 12 emails accounts, all are filtered thru avast.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2004, 02:34:03 PM »
The only issue i have is that you have to maually set up your POP mail accounts if you have more than one (1).
Most of us out here have more than one email, I am still trying to get all my email addy's to work, hopefully i can reolve this issue.
Maybe one of the things the Avast Techies can add to the mail wizard is to have a field where you can add all of your email accouts.

Like Datagg said, this is the normal behavior of the Mail Protection Wizard...
What version of avast! are you using?
In fact, avast! has one 'default' pop and smtp server but it can protect as many  email accounts as you want  ;)

John-

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2004, 06:29:54 PM »
I have used very kinds of antivirus systems before. AVG, Bitdefender, Norton, Mcafee,...ect... but somehow I deceided I will stick with Avast.
I do not really understand why,...cause I used to switch software apps very easy.  I really adore the support Avast gives and their virusdef. are very up to date.

Datagg

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2004, 06:35:18 PM »
Good choice, avast just plain rules. I mean you just feel more safe, it doesnt take control of your comp like others do, and works like butta and is just so plain freaking cool..........., ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 06:36:14 PM by Datagg »

Lazaro

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2004, 02:33:30 PM »
Hey! Hi, Technical!! Nice to meet a partner in the translation world!!
Really nice, thereĀ“s no much people like us in the net... snif...