Author Topic: Broadband Line Issue and ADMN  (Read 3158 times)

willmanley

Broadband Line Issue and ADMN
« on: January 25, 2007, 03:18:52 PM »
Hi,

I know this may sound a really wierd problem but I'm not too sure how to tackle this. I have a customer who we deployed Avast across their network while using a broadband connection which wasn't that stable. The network install went fine but the BT engineer has come back and said they cannot have broadband anymore. So I'm trying to understand what I can do for them in keeping the product updated. They do not want a modem on the server however only a fraction of the machines of Internet access. Could I install the Avast Pro product and register the license file on each machine with internet access or would this not be the preferred route?

Any suggestions? Don't really want to deinstall the ADMN. I am pushing for a modem on the server but If that falls through I need some fallback.

Will

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Broadband Line Issue and ADMN
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 12:22:50 AM »
I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. Are you saying the AMS machine is not going to have an Internet connection anymore?

That shouldn't be such a problem, actually. We can configure the AMS to sync the contents of its mirror with another machine on the LAN (instead of our Internet servers).

Would that help?

Alternatively, you could deploy a 2nd level mirror on a machine that has an Internet connection, tell it to sync its contents directly from the Internet (as opposed to syncing it with the AMS-based mirror) and finally tell all the machines on the network to use that mirror instead of the AMS-based one.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.