Author Topic: Avast Premium Security for Win playing Salesman  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Eric705

Avast Premium Security for Win playing Salesman
« on: April 23, 2021, 12:57:45 AM »
I only want Avast Premium Security for windows to scan my computer for functions that I paid for..... It annoys me when it tells me my PC's performance isn't up to par and I hit resolve and it try's to sell me another product or it scans my drivers and tells me my driver needs updating I hit resolve and it attempting to sell me something else. I dislike robots or live salesmen calling me on my phone to sell me something, but I really get upset when a program I paid for is wasting my time scanning for things I don't need it scanning for.  If I try and modify the program in windows 10 programs I see nothing about VPN's to remove and end this salesman mode Avast seems to be enjoying, I'm ready to delete a paid program

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Premium Security for Win playing Salesman
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 02:54:35 AM »
Open the User Interface, you should be able to disable this in the Paid version/s of Avast.

The AvastUI > Menu > Settings > General >  Personally Privacy section should allow for that, uncheck options you don't need or want.

EDIT: Are you running the Smart Scan ?
As I have found that is a vehicle to promote other services, hence I never run it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 02:56:09 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security