Author Topic: AutoAdminLogon  (Read 2948 times)

lizardman

AutoAdminLogon
« on: January 27, 2007, 06:30:48 PM »
Does Avast force you to login to Windows? If so, is there any way to stop it?

I'm the only person that uses this PC and it's damn annoying having to login to my own PC. It never used to prompt me for a password, but now everytime I change the autoadminlogin registry entry, it gets changed back to zero.

I quite like Avast, but this single issue is causing me to wonder if I should uninstall it.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: AutoAdminLogon
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 07:50:11 PM »
avast! doesn't force you to logon to windows that is something you need to sort in windows.

I'm the only user on this system and I logon at boot by choice and not anyting to do with avast!
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

beatme101

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 08:39:41 PM »

I'm the only person that uses this PC and it's damn annoying having to login to my own PC. It never used to prompt me for a password, but now everytime I change the autoadminlogin registry entry, it gets changed back to zero.

I quite like Avast, but this single issue is causing me to wonder if I should uninstall it.

Windows 2000?

Start | Settings | Control Panel | Users and Passwords
Uncheck the box that says "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer."
Click Apply and give your login information, then your problem should be solved.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 02:22:43 PM »
No way...

Are you using XP? Did you try TweakUI for XP in order to set the autologin feature?
The best things in life are free.

lizardman

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 02:56:17 PM »
The thing is, I keep setting my preference and it keeps getting switched off!

I might try uninstalling Avast just to prove that's what's doing it.