Author Topic: I sent some infected files to avast but it's still unable to detect them!!!  (Read 4520 times)

jamesvaul

2 or 3 weeks ago, I sent some infected files to avast but it's still unable to detect them!!!
Why?   ???
Is avast team dreaming? Or may be these trojans are very rare and so it's a waste of time add them into database?

Now I publish this file here, and I hope avast team will listen to me or I'll stop to send them uncovered virus :'(
This is the password protected zip file with new 3 uncovered trojans: http://rapidshare.com/files/13596063/trojans.zip.html
the password is "virus"

trojan1:  :'(

trojan3:  :'(
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 11:38:00 AM by jamesvaul »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
2 or 3 weeks ago
What a bad news...
A 'new', upgraded method of submition of samples and update process was promised last year. What about them?
New virus analyst were employed but... Isn't anything strange that problems weren't solved at all? I hope Alwil team take a little bit more attention: avast 5 won't be a new avast if this point doesn't get better. My 0.02.
The best things in life are free.

DFXBB

Yesterday, I send about 10 infected file to avast! from virus chest, and half of them can be detected today...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Yesterday, I send about 10 infected file to avast! from virus chest, and half of them can be detected today...
So... what can we users expect? I mean, some of them are quick others take that much long...
I don't want to sound rude, I just want to understand and try to make think... something should be better...

For instance http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=26292.msg215018#msg215018
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 12:23:41 PM by Tech »

tsilo

I think when AV don't have good heuristic, the company must work hard, will be good Avast!  updated several times at day and  Avast! team add all unknow viruses in next day to signatures. Every AV miss something, but it's important fast update to clean our machines.

sorry for my english

DFXBB

How about other suspicious files I sent to avast?

I packed these 10 files together, and...

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
 :o Actually, it concerns me... I think avast virus analyst should work faster with samples sent by users. As it should took not months, but day or even hours to add samples to the database.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
:o Actually, it concerns me... I think avast virus analyst should work faster with samples sent by users. As it should took not months, but day or even hours to add samples to the database.
We all feel the same... but, in this case, would it help to complain? What can we do more to help?

jamesvaul

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Happy-Dude

Avast! Team is probably trying to work this out as quick as possible anyway, so give them sometime.

I know that Avast! Antivirus on-demand scanning isn't the VERY best compared to others, but it is one of the top choices. On the plus side, resident scanning is way better on many aspects.

I'll say give them some time. But on the subject of computer security, time is ticking ... Hurry Alwil !!