Author Topic: Pirate-avast! Announcement  (Read 14242 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:Pirate-avast! Announcement
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2004, 11:49:46 PM »
Wooha very cool style. Can you send me ObjectDock Firefox icon?

You should check this as you're also using ObjectDock ;)
Avast! ObjectDock icons
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=2848
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2004, 01:24:12 AM »
POST NUMBER 300... whow  ::)

Mozilla Firefox icon (PNG) was also made by me. Looks nice, ha ?
You better check your e-mail... I sent you 14 icons made by me (for various applications) and 2 very, very good looking icons (FireBird and Thunderbird). I don't know who made those 2, but guy is unbelievable artist... I thought you might want to have those in your ObjectDock too...

Cheers !

P.S. I checked your pngs... not bad, not bad at all. I also made, but just one avast! icon for ObjectDock... take a look in here:
CLICK ME

Again, nice work, my friend !
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 03:13:08 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2004, 05:04:31 PM »
this is cool Sasha  ;D ;D , may be adding some pistols/cannons will give the feeling of real pirates (unloaded guns please, nobody needs to get hurt  ;D ;D ;D )
MW

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2004, 02:09:15 AM »
Ahoy S.Z.Craftec,

You've just made my jaw drop so wide and heavy, this is the coolest Pirate-avast skin I have ever seen.

S.Z.Craftec you are becoming the original true Avast skin Artist, I wish I could buy you a barrel of RUM!.

Speaking about your wife and she is giving you a hard time doing to much skin's, well there is an easy fix to make your wife happy dress up like a pirate and spend all day with her  ;) ;) ;) you know.
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2004, 11:54:45 AM »
Ahoy S.Z.Craftec,

You've just made my jaw drop so wide and heavy, this is the coolest Pirate-avast skin I have ever seen.

S.Z.Craftec you are becoming the original true Avast skin Artist

Thanks SpeedyPC ! I lik ewhen people appreciate my work, but I still think, Martin Novak is first, one'n'only, and true avast! skin designer... I'm just nobody, a guy from Toronto, who like to draw... that's all...

Btw, I'm not sure Alwil guys'll use this skin and upload it on the server  ??? It looks like they don't like it enough...  :( Probably, if you guys send enough requests to Alwil Software, then they could use that skin... otherwise, I'm not sure we'll see that one in download section soon...

Speaking about your wife and she is giving you a hard time doing to much skin's, well there is an easy fix to make your wife happy dress up like a pirate and spend all day with her ;D ;D ;D you know.

Oh, that was me just joking... she is very very good wife, and she lets me do my thing... sometimes I give her what she needs and we all are happy, so I can go back to my work again and she won't say a word... hehe  ;D  ;D  ;D

Cheers !

Culpeper

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2004, 01:44:31 AM »
Why would it not be in the download section?

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2004, 03:47:35 AM »
Just as I said in my previous post:
Btw, I'm not sure Alwil guys'll use this skin and upload it on the server   It looks like they don't like it enough...

I'm not sure am I right 100%, but one thing is for sure, and that's the fact that you can't see Pirate skin in download section yet... Vlk, wrotte me an e-mail and gave me some comments about skin. I always listen to them and I always change that stuff they ask me, but this time I had to disagree with them, 'cause I think they are wrong this time. First issue was that skull on the right is "out of focus", something like... it's doesn't fit good enough in that skin... like it's more Hells&Angels skull than Pirate skull...  ??? If you take a closer look in skull on the left side (inside the display screen), you'll notice that those two skulls are identical... (both has kerchief, both has earrings), so how could it be that the one on the right doesn't fit well ? I don't know...

Second issue was, that I shouldn't put english words inside my skins like those commands: iAvs, Resident Scanner, Folder Selection, etc.
I mean, why ? English is more like international language, and most people understand it very well. Anyway, for those who doesn't understand it quite well, you'll notice that I also put standard avast! symbols right next to those commands...

Bottom line, try to imagine those nice looking wooden-boards (buttons) without those commands and those wonderful Pirate font... quite unimaginable, right ?

I don't know... if they don't want my skins anymore, I'll just throw it away and no one will cry... the end of the story.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 03:50:31 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Culpeper

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2004, 04:22:38 AM »
Don't sweat it.  You've done a great job with the skins that have been pubished.  Maybe the staff viewed the pirate skin as too "busy."  Perhaps a pirate skin based on the outline of the low-res skin with a single transparent pirate flag as the background or something along those lines.  A simplier tribute to the pirate origination of the word, "Avast!"

One idea is to take that great avatar you made up with "Culpeper" on it and replace it with "Avast!"

Once again, you have done a great job with the skins.  It takes a lot of hard work to get one going.