Author Topic: Vista Upgrade Adviser - A Pictorial Analysis  (Read 9095 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Vista Upgrade Adviser - A Pictorial Analysis
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 05:45:15 PM »
Wow that is quite a list, almost makes you wonder what they spent the last five years doing ;D

For me the worst isn't mentioned, the disparity in the XP Home to Vista Home Basic version, to get the same overall functionality (excluding those listed above) you would have to get the Vista Home premium.

But what grips me more is being ripped off in the UK, when the dollar/pound ratio is almost 2 to 1 the $149 vista home premium 'upgrade' costs £149.99 at anything like the rate of exchange this should be about £80. I guess I will have to check out ebay if I ever get around to upgrading to vista.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline OrangeCrate

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 05:55:04 PM »
For me the worst isn't mentioned, the disparity in the XP Home to Vista Home Basic version, to get the same overall functionality (excluding those listed above) you would have to get the Vista Home premium.

I'm so excited about Vista, that I gave my new HP box with the free upgrade to Vista Basic to one of our kids, who needs to replace a Win 98 machine.

I'm back to using my old HP 512n with 384 meg of RAM. The windows partition is a little slow (as always), but Linux really flies.

Edit:

Features in XP excluded from Vista

Some features present in Windows XP are no longer present in Windows Vista...

...Look them over and if you use any other those, you may not want to "upgrade" to Vista.

Thanks for posting this Bob, very interesting.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 03:13:15 PM by OrangeCrate »

khanjohn

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 10:28:47 PM »
I  used this tool and  got no problems, then started to install and it then had problems, I had to delte nero burn and mcaffee firewall. It also  now will not let em run  avast but have  deleted it and doing a complete reinstall and scan. Hopefully this fixes this issue as I love avast.