Author Topic: Vista Ultimate (ITA Version) =SOLVED  (Read 2360 times)

xer

Vista Ultimate (ITA Version) =SOLVED
« on: February 03, 2007, 02:18:18 PM »
Hello everybody.

I have installed Avast Home on a Vista Ultimate and:

- i cannot see avast icon tray
- even it seems not installed as i cannot see avast on process list
- i cannot uninstall from control panel

So... it seems that is hanged or the install process is corrupt and i cannot do a valid unistall and obviously (after that) a valid install as i want.

Any help?
Please.

============= SOLVED =============
That was my error, infact, in phase of install, Avast signal WHERE will be installed, also named as --> Program Files\Alwil

In this case, (my first time of install Avast on VISTA) vista is in ITA language, so i did change the directory on avast request from Program Files\Alwil to Programmi\Alwil...

In this case AVAST have a language recongnize setup, infact, every installation, even in native localized language, it change from LANGinstallation to program files...
That's why my installed avast did not worked at all..
So at the next install, i did LEAVE as was the directory (Program Files) and it works now...
I hope it will help the Alwil Programmers.
Thanx
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:06:32 PM by xer »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Vista Ultimate (ITA Version) =SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 05:59:41 PM »
That's rather strange... it shouldn't matter at all what folder you install it into...

Could you please post a list of folders you have on the system drive? A screenshot of Explorer Window, with C: drive selected there (or whatever you system drive is) should be enough.
Thanks.

manatarms

Re: Vista Ultimate (ITA Version) =SOLVED
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 12:47:15 AM »
same happens with the German version of Vista 64 + avast german.

if you leave the install path as pre defined by avast, everything works like a charm.

thx