Author Topic: Missing download progress bar display while updating under Win Vista  (Read 2478 times)

hrjoe

Dear all,

I just install Avast! 4.7 Home under Windows Vista Ultimate.
When I try to update the virus database, I cannot see the download progress window (the one with progress bar). I thought there is error in connection, so I turn off the modem. A few moment later a pop up said that there is an error message waiting for me to view. I click to view and the screen change to blank white screen with Avast! error message in a small window in the middle of the screen, mention that update download is error because cannot get connected to server.
It seems that when I update the database, the download progress run "behind" the windows vista display and cannot be seen. I never have this experience before when using windows XP.

Later I try connect to internet again and re-update. I let the download run without able to see the progress, just watch the connection status counter to determine whether it's already finished ot not. I finally can do the update successfully.

Can anybody explain about this? Is it Avast! incompatibility with Windows Vista or there are some setting I should change (I'm still new to Vista)?
It's really annoying to download update without able to see the progress whether still continue or already finished or having problem in the middle.

Please help.
Thanks in advance.

Edy

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Missing download progress bar display while updating under Win Vista
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 07:06:24 PM »
Unfortunately, this is how it works in avast 4.x and Vista...
We're working on fixing the issue - but it's not as easy as it may seem...

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.