Author Topic: Avast Interfering with Windows Updates  (Read 900 times)

Offline Piedmont Jim

Avast Interfering with Windows Updates
« on: April 28, 2021, 06:25:59 AM »
Is there a way to get Avast to stop interfering with Windows Updates? Every time there's an update, my computer restarts when I'm away from it. When I get back, it informs me that it needs to restart to perform updates (because the first try was blocked by Avast), then it has to restart a couple of times while it tries to revert back to it's previous version, then tells me that updates failed, then I have to go in and manually turn off Avast's shields because just using one of the disable options from the tray doesn't seem to do the trick; only then can I update Windows, reboot, and manually turn Avast's shields back on.

I have to do this. every. time.

Is there a better way to do this?
Is there a fix to where I don't need to do this at all aside from ditching Avast (which I may do if there isn't a solution)?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Interfering with Windows Updates
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 04:10:38 PM »
- Which Avast..? (Free/Premium)
- Which version/build of Avast..?
- OS..? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP/Build..?)
- Other security related software installed..?
- Which AV(s) did you use before Avast..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0