Author Topic: New Product Testing: New installer and updater for Avast Antivirus  (Read 78082 times)

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
Re: New Product Testing: New installer and updater for Avast Antivirus
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2021, 04:02:16 PM »
i uninstalled and again installed avast premium..but didnt fix any problem.need help from Avast expert
As you already advised, start a new topic from here, this topic is unrelated to your problem.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline lukas.munduch

• Avast team
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2021, 04:42:48 PM »
@lucas.munduch,
I'm still getting the daily notice that the program needs to update and there aren't any further updates.
Selecting to do the updates does nothing except change my status from unsafe to safe.
You already have my logs. Any new information? Thanks

Hello, I got your logs from Petr Matelesko but unfortunately there were only applications logs in package and not setup (Icarus) logs from c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Icarus\Logs\. On the other hand from what I saw on screen you posted in different topic you were correctly updated to the latest build and problem seemed to be "only" in UI dialog which offered you another update even if you were already up-to-date so we agreed with Petr that UI team will look on it. I will ask him if there is some progress.

Meantime you can re-check your current build version in AV UI. There should be 21.4.6266 version which is the latest published build in this BETA channel. If yes, it indicates that you are correctly updated and issue is in UI component. If not, can you please collect Icarus setup logs from: c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Icarus\Logs\? Thank you

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2021, 04:59:13 PM »
@lucas.munduch,
I'm still getting the daily notice that the program needs to update and there aren't any further updates.
Selecting to do the updates does nothing except change my status from unsafe to safe.
You already have my logs. Any new information? Thanks

Hello, I got your logs from Petr Matelesko but unfortunately there were only applications logs in package and not setup (Icarus) logs from c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Icarus\Logs\. On the other hand from what I saw on screen you posted in different topic you were correctly updated to the latest build and problem seemed to be "only" in UI dialog which offered you another update even if you were already up-to-date so we agreed with Petr that UI team will look on it. I will ask him if there is some progress.

Meantime you can re-check your current build version in AV UI. There should be 21.4.6266 version which is the latest published build in this BETA channel. If yes, it indicates that you are correctly updated and issue is in UI component. If not, can you please collect Icarus setup logs from: c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Icarus\Logs\? Thank you
I'm running the latest version so hopefully the UI problem will get addressed. Thanks
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2021, 11:03:45 AM »
Hi, FYI - I noticed that Icarus downloads around 120MB+ daily but doesn't update anything.
Confirmed here, icarus.exe is downloading something large...
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Offline lukas.munduch

• Avast team
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2021, 11:59:05 AM »
Hi, FYI - I noticed that Icarus downloads around 120MB+ daily but doesn't update anything.

Thank you for your report. Can you please collect and share logs from:
C:\ProgramData\Avast Software\Icarus\
C:\ProgramData\Avast Software\Avast\Log\

We will check it. Thank you

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2021, 12:10:18 PM »

Hi, logs are sent to FTP.
Filename: NON_Avast_log.7z, NON_Icarus_Logs.7z

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2021, 12:34:40 PM »

Hi Lukas, for testing purpose, I disabled program auto-updates yesterday.
I'll monitor the status and send logs via Slack if it shows up again. Cheers
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline lukas.munduch

• Avast team
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2021, 01:57:37 PM »

Thank you for your logs. We found out that you really downloaded around 200 MB virus definition update today. Problem is that our build system is not currently providing diffs (small update files) for every downloaded file and for every user so its the reason why update can be so big (at least for some users). It should be improved in future (definitely before we publish build to production). One more question for you. We also noticed that your previous virus definitions were few days old. Is it possible that you dont use "automatic" update setting for virus definitions and you started update manually today? Thank you

Offline lukas.munduch

• Avast team
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2021, 01:58:43 PM »

Hi Lukas, for testing purpose, I disabled program auto-updates yesterday.
I'll monitor the status and send logs via Slack if it shows up again. Cheers

Perfect, thank you very much

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2021, 02:09:40 PM »

Thank you for your logs. We found out that you really downloaded around 200 MB virus definition update today. Problem is that our build system is not currently providing diffs (small update files) for every downloaded file and for every user so its the reason why update can be so big (at least for some users). It should be improved in future (definitely before we publish build to production). One more question for you. We also noticed that your previous virus definitions were few days old. Is it possible that you dont use "automatic" update setting for virus definitions and you started update manually today? Thank you
I use "Automatic" update and I don't know why it didn't work. I noticed "Virus definition out of date" alert and initiated manual update, which downloaded lots of data.
And the machine is active in this 24h so there should be enough time to update  :-\

Offline lukas.munduch

• Avast team
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2021, 03:10:03 PM »

I use "Automatic" update and I don't know why it didn't work. I noticed "Virus definition out of date" alert and initiated manual update, which downloaded lots of data.
And the machine is active in this 24h so there should be enough time to update  :-\

Its really strange. Can you please generate support package for us? It contains some .ini files which can help us. AV UI -> Settings -> General -> Troubleshooting -> Send logs to our support team
Thank you

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2021, 03:25:50 PM »
(snip)
Its really strange. Can you please generate support package for us? It contains some .ini files which can help us. AV UI -> Settings -> General -> Troubleshooting -> Send logs to our support team
Thank you
I sent a support package a few days ago; if it's still available, ID is T32G1. If not, I'll re-generate the package.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2021, 05:11:58 PM »
The issue seems to be fixed now. @NON: Can you confirm..? Cheers

Edit: Ignore my question, just had to download a huge amount of data again. :( ::)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 07:46:42 PM by Asyn »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2021, 08:04:01 PM »
Problem is that our build system is not currently providing diffs (small update files) for every downloaded file and for every user so its the reason why update can be so big (at least for some users). It should be improved in future (definitely before we publish build to production).
IMO, this needs to get fixed/improved asap, users are not interested in enormous VPS updates..!! ;)

Offline lukas.munduch

• Avast team
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2021, 06:47:58 PM »
Hi guys, today we published new AV 21.5.6354 build to this BETA channel. Build includes fix in setup that sometimes AV UI could not be loaded after program update and OS restart. It was very random issue. I think that "only" bob3160 was able to induce it but can you please let us know if issue was/was not fixed? Thank you very much

Download links:
https://honzik.avcdn.net/setup/avast-av/beta/avast_free_antivirus_online_setup.exe
https://honzik.avcdn.net/setup/avast-av/beta/avast_premium_security_online_setup.exe
https://honzik.avcdn.net/setup/avast-av/beta/avast_omni_online_setup.exe