Author Topic: Automatic update of definitions.  (Read 2481 times)

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
Automatic update of definitions.
« on: June 15, 2021, 12:40:37 PM »
How long after switching on the tablet or smartphone android does the definition update take place?

I turned on the android tablet (connected via WiFi to the internet) for about 1 hour but the update is not yet done, the latest virus definitions date back to May 24

Automatic update is set up correctly.
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio
----------------------------
Avast Free - Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500, RAM 4 Gb, SDD 512 Gb, ATI Mobile Radeon HD 2400 - Avast Mobile Security Free - Smartphone Android

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Automatic update of definitions.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 02:40:14 PM »
Hi,

If your mobile device has an internet connection then it should at least automatically update before a scan.
Could you please try to manually update your virus definitions and let me know if there is any error message?
Manual update: Open AMS > Menu > Settings > Updates > Check for update

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 02:43:41 PM »
Hi,

If your mobile device has an internet connection then it should at least automatically update before a scan.
Could you please try to manually update your virus definitions and let me know if there is any error message?
Manual update: Open AMS > Menu > Settings > Updates > Check for update

Manual update worked, but I don't understand why after 3 hours of being connected it would not update.

I didn't update it manually on purpose to see if it updated automatically.

I also noticed that even in my smartphone android it does not update immediately, the definitions of the previous day appear and if I do not update it manually it does not update automatically.

The update settings are correct.
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio
Avast Free - Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500, RAM 4 Gb, SDD 512 Gb, ATI Mobile Radeon HD 2400 - Avast Mobile Security Free - Smartphone Android

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 03:23:53 PM »
Hi,

AMS might not update immediately once the device has an internet connection.
It normally tries to update the virus definitions every 8 hours.
If there is no internet connection available during this cycle, it waits for another cycle.

Please also make sure not to use any power-saving mode that would kill the application whilst running in the background.

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 03:24:48 PM »
Hi,

AMS might not update immediately once the device has an internet connection.
It normally tries to update the virus definitions every 8 hours.
If there is no internet connection available during this cycle, it waits for another cycle.

Please also make sure not to use any power-saving mode that would kill the application whilst running in the background.

Ok. Thanks!  :)
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio