Author Topic: xdcc server iroffer  (Read 3889 times)

Luz

xdcc server iroffer
« on: February 08, 2007, 07:41:20 PM »
I'm using an irc xdcc server named iroffer on my pc (i guess Win32:Iroffer-015 [Trj] for you...).

I haven't run it for awhile but today, i need it and i can't us it.

Until today, i always shutdown avast, run iroffer and then restart avast but today, avast stop completely iroffer, no connexion to the irc server and time out if I restart avast after the connexion.

have you got a solution ?

Thank

sorry for my english...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: xdcc server iroffer
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 08:55:13 PM »
There has been quite a large signature update recently, this may be the reason for it just being detected.

You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner Or Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive. You can't do this with the file in the chest, you will need to move it out.

If it is indeed a false positive, add it to the exclusions lists (Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced and Program Settings, Exclusions) and periodically check it (scan it in the chest), there should still be a copy in the chest even though you restored it to the original location. When it is no longer detected then you can also remove it from the Standard Shield and Program Settings, exclusions.
Also see (Mini Sticky) False Positives, how to report it to avast! and what to do to exclude them until the problem is corrected.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: xdcc server iroffer
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 01:29:14 PM »
Strange, avast! shouldn't block the connections even if the executable itself is detected as malicious (correctly or not).
Does it help if you just stop some of avast! resident providers? (if yes, which ones?)