Author Topic: Vista: Problems with Avast!  (Read 10062 times)

buddyspencer

Re: Vista: Problems with Avast!
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 08:54:16 PM »
I tried to install it the 10th time again... now in the english language - but still the error! The message from avast!: Unknown error -program cannot activate resident part

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 09:57:41 PM »
What if you double-click the avast tray icon and click "Details"? Is there the "Standard Shield" provider in the list?

How many providers (icons) there are in the list?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

buddyspencer

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2007, 10:13:17 PM »
THX!

You gave me a hint... I installed avast! again and the problem was the custom installation and the menu. I thought the whole time, that when I uncheck the Box directly under "The Bat" I will deactivate "The Bat"-support - but it was the standard guard.... Very confusing the installation-menu!

But now everything is working and I have to learn the program and to set it up correctly - hope it will not be too taff?

THX again for the hint - I'm really happy now! What about in comparison to Nod32 - is avast! as good as Nod32? What do you think?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007, 10:21:07 PM »
The check boxes are confusing...? Forgive me, but this is the first time I hear that (even though avast has 25 million users worldwide) ;D :P
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

buddyspencer

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007, 10:25:17 PM »
Look at the picture. At the left from "the bat" there is no checkbox - i thought the checkbox below is the one for "the bat". that was the mistake

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 10:37:21 PM »
The check box for The Bat I believe is only present if The Bat is found to be installed.

I agree without a check box it looks strange. Perhaps if the check box remained but the option was greyed out rather than remove the check box.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

S7R4nG3

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 03:20:53 AM »
yea im having a problem with Vista also, i just upgraded from XP and am getting that same message and windows wont let me start my on access protection services... was wondering if anyone has any input?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 11:33:38 AM »
Such updating is really not supported. You have to uninstall avast! and then install it again.