Author Topic: confused, needs help  (Read 6095 times)

Sdiana78

confused, needs help
« on: April 23, 2003, 05:14:55 PM »
HI I am all new to this so I am looking for some advice on a problem I am running into.  I used avast to do a scan of my computer for virus's and it has discovered with a standard scan, 76 files that are infected with vbs.loveletter, however whe I try to repair them or delete them or anything, it says it cannot do any  of it, so they are still there.  I went to Symantec.com to get this program that is supposed to fix vbs.loveletter, but when I ran it, it siad I was not infected with this virus.  I know about 8 months ago, we did have this virus, but it was removed manually and since then everything has been fine...How come all of a sudden it is showing back up again and I can celarly see the files it has infected, but no virus detector can get rid of them???

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re:confused, needs help
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 05:40:04 PM »
Hm, can you post the Report Avast made? Or take a look at this Thread: http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=263

Maybe it is a new variant of vbs.loveletter Symantec is not able to find!?

Or start your Windows(which Version?) in safe mode and let avast scan your HD then
MfG Ralf

deadcoat

Re:confused, needs help
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 07:08:00 AM »
Some things you can try is doing a thorough scan of the folders that are infected one at a time. See if that is any help. Can you add the infected files to the chest ? If you can add them to the chest and than press the skull and crossboness the chest icon inside avast and try to run a virus scan from within the chest. I hope this helps.