Author Topic: Antispyware Question  (Read 1893 times)

WarHorseXJ

Antispyware Question
« on: February 16, 2007, 04:05:45 AM »
Hello,
I just downloaded and installed AVG Antispyware.  It is the free version but it comes with 30 days of resident protection.  I also have Windows Defender.  I disabled AVG's resident protection.  Is there any way it can conflict with Windows Defender's resident protection?  AVG's protection was only on for a short while until I turned it off so I don't think it could have conflicted.  Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

compmanio36

Re: Antispyware Question
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 04:12:01 AM »
I don't think so, once you turned off AVG's resident it should be fine.  And the nice thing is the AVG spyware without resident is free for life (or until they decide to stop, I guess  :P ).  I tried AVG antispyware, it seemed OK, I still like my combo of Spybot and an occasional scan of Ad-Aware.  ;D 

I guess the only issue you even possibly could have is if one or the other detected the protection database of the other, like how AV software will detect Panda AV's virus database as a virus since they didn't take measures to protect against that.  But I've never heard of that happening with these two.