Author Topic: Cannot open Adobe Acrobat Files  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Fred192

Cannot open Adobe Acrobat Files
« on: May 03, 2021, 03:58:08 PM »
Acrobat DC was "put to sleep" can wake up when I need it, right?  Files open and immediately close like a flash.  OK, I "Woke up" acrobat DC.  No Change in file opening.  RE-installed Acrobat DC.  Files still will not open.  We are not off to a good start... I put this in 3 days ago.  I would welcome your prompt reply.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Cannot open Adobe Acrobat Files
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 10:06:41 AM »
Acrobat DC was "put to sleep" can wake up when I need it, right?  Files open and immediately close like a flash.  OK, I "Woke up" acrobat DC.  No Change in file opening.  RE-installed Acrobat DC.  Files still will not open.  We are not off to a good start... I put this in 3 days ago.  I would welcome your prompt reply.

Hi,

first of all let me sincerely apologize for all troubles associated with usage of our product.

Now to the solution, if the problem is somehow caused by the "Background & startup programs" feature please try to execute "c:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\pdfix.exe" which is a "rescue" utility which resets all programs which were put to sleep and sets everything back to the "default" state before you used "Background & startup programs" feature for the first time.
Let me know if it solves your problem.

Thank you.