Author Topic: Avast blocking MPEG streaming in Vista  (Read 5784 times)

Deihmos

Avast blocking MPEG streaming in Vista
« on: January 15, 2007, 06:41:31 PM »
I am running Vista RTM and when I install Avast home edition streaming MPG files to my Xbox 360 stops working. I will get a blue screen that says video error. I know it's avast because when I uninstall it I can stream again. I disabled network shield and still the same problem.

Is there a way to fix this?

Deihmos

Re: Avast blocking MPEG streaming in Vista
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 07:06:51 PM »
I disabled Web Shield and still didn't work. I then disbaled webshield, network shield, P2P shield and network shield and it still didn't work. Must be something in the Avast program causing the problem. It can stream WMV fine but MPG is not working.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 07:12:13 PM by Deihmos »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 09:41:24 PM »
I disabled Web Shield and still didn't work. I then disbaled webshield, network shield, P2P shield and network shield and it still didn't work. Must be something in the Avast program causing the problem. It can stream WMV fine but MPG is not working.
Can you test the last beta version for Vista?
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=25697.msg212717#msg212717
The best things in life are free.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 06:33:41 PM »
I am running Vista RTM and when I install Avast home edition streaming MPG files to my Xbox 360 stops working. I will get a blue screen that says video error. I know it's avast because when I uninstall it I can stream again. I disabled network shield and still the same problem.

Is there a way to fix this?

Hello,
can you send us the minidump file that was generated during the bluescree? (in C:\windows\minidump) ? It has probably something to do with TDI drivers being loaded on Vista. In case you have reinstalled avast, can you try it with aswtdi and aswrdr drivers disabled? Use Regedit, navigate to HKLM/CurrentControlSet/System/aswrdr - set Start to 4, and the same for HKLM/CurrentControlSet/System/Aswtdi.

Thanks.
Lukas

Edit: hmm, I can see now the topic is a bit outdated. Sorry :(

condor85

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 09:50:38 PM »
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=25504.0

problem still exists, but at least they know its a problem  ;)

Deihmos

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 06:44:18 AM »
It's not a blue screen. I just reinstalled Avast and I am using Vista Ultimate Retail now and the same thing happens. I cannot stream MPG files to my Xbox 360 using Media Center with Avast installed. Th eproblem still exists...

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 12:33:31 PM »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.