Author Topic: Scheduled scans  (Read 3400 times)

Repo97

Scheduled scans
« on: January 22, 2007, 07:14:59 PM »
I am not sure if this has been posted, but I am having trouble finding the scheduled scan function. All the past AVs I have used have these... does Avast not?

Chris

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
Re: Scheduled scans
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 07:31:10 PM »
Hello and Welcome  :)

Scheduling scans are available only in the Pro version of avast!.
If you are already using the Pro version, just switch to the Enchanted User Interface and there you'll find the scheduling option ;)

EDIT: if you have the Home version , you can see HOWTO: Scheduled Automatic Scans w/ Free Version!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 07:35:32 PM by XMAS »
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 08:28:02 PM »
I am not sure if this has been posted, but I am having trouble finding the scheduled scan function. All the past AVs I have used have these... does Avast not?

Chris

If you have the Home version, I'm not surprised you couldn't find anything it isn't their. You can use the workaround XMAS posted, but with the various resident providers Web Shield, Internet Mail, P2P Shield, Instant Messaging, etc. all working to detect incoming viruses and Standard Shield as a fall back line of defence, the need for on-demand scans is lessened.

I do a weekly on-demand scan of Local Drives, Standard sensitivity and without archives, this doesn't take long so personally I don't see the need to schedule scans in this way.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Repo97

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 01:05:16 AM »
Thanks all..  yeah I just have the basic trial version, but I like tis program. It caught my first virus hassle free the other day, without any fault. How much does it cost to upgrade?

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 01:48:59 AM »