Author Topic: IDP.Generic & quarantine when we release a new version  (Read 1559 times)

Offline iroda

IDP.Generic & quarantine when we release a new version
« on: April 27, 2021, 12:24:28 AM »
Hi,

Our company develops several software in Delphi language (RAD Studio). At our partners, the AVAST FREE version finds IDP.GENERIC virus almost every time after installation, so it quarantines it. It is a very annoying behavior as our programs are of course virus free. There are times when we release a new version several times a week and AVAST randomly either quarantines it or not. What can we do? Our customers are very nervous and annoyed. Many people are already thinking about choosing another software if the phenomenon does not go away, because this only happens with our software and the eSzemélyi Kliens software manufactured by ID&Trust in Hungary. The operation of AVAST interferes with the work of our customers (they cannot start the program because AVAST quarantines it) and harms us by constantly marking a program that is guaranteed to be non-viral as false positive. When restored from quarantine, it often happens that the shortcut is not restored, so the intervention of our company is always necessary to restore the original state. If customers choose other software due to a malfunction of AVAST, AVAST will cause material damage to our company. How to fix this malfunction? Will AVAST pay for the material damage caused to us?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: IDP.Generic & quarantine when we release a new version
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 08:15:47 AM »
Are the executable modules digitally signed?

Offline iroda

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 03:39:43 PM »
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=14433.msg1289438#msg1289438

Unfortulately it is not a good solution that every time when a new version is published we have to put it to the white list or we have to send it to check by someone if it is false positive. E.g. if on a day at 11 p.m. a new version is published and then I send it somewhere to check, it is sure that it will be investigated in 3-4 hours before the first client downloads the new version next day? Can anybody guarantee it?

Offline iroda

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 03:40:20 PM »
Are the executable modules digitally signed?

No.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 04:49:23 PM »
Then I'd strongly suggest to start signing your files. With a digital signature, you can sign up for whitelisting based on the certificate.

Offline iroda

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 06:48:07 PM »
I need more information. Where can I subscribe to this whitelist, what information is needed? If I sign up for a whitelist based on a certificate, does AVAST guarantee me that if I release a new software version, AVAST will not quarantine it? Neither during installation nor later? Does the digital signature have to be a signature certified by an official service provider, or can it be one created by the company itself? I need to know the answers before taking any further steps.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0