Author Topic: no permission to restart  (Read 2695 times)

needsumhelp

no permission to restart
« on: February 24, 2007, 10:17:06 PM »
when I finish scanning the startup/memory, it says I should restart the computer.  When I click "yes", I get this message saying "Avast has detected a virus in the operating memory.  Since it is dangerout to work with the computer while the virus is active, it is strong recommended that you restart the computer and let avast scan all your data in the boot phase, before the virus can be activated.  Do you want to schedule the boot-time scan and restart the computer." 

Then I get the message "A required privlage is not held by the client.  Can not reboot operating system."

I think I might have selected that it doesn't have permission to do that when I was installing it, but I dont know how to make it so it does have permission.

Can anyone help?  Thanks.

mauserme

Re: no permission to restart
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »
If the boot scan was successfully scheduled restarting manually should be OK.  If anything is found make sure to use quarantine as your first option and delete as your option of last resort.

When you installed avast! you would have been asked if you wanted to do a boot scan immediately.  Answering no at that time should not affect future boot scans.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 10:34:06 PM »
This has nothing to do with avast! configuration - the error means that the user account (you are logged on with) doesn't have rights to restart the computer.
You might need to be logged on as an administrator (or power user?) to do so.

needsumhelp

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 10:41:15 PM »
how do you make it so you are an admin or a power user?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 11:47:59 PM »
If your account lacks privileges and you didn't create the account you need to talk to the person who does the administration of the system and have them run avast and schedule a boot-time scan or grant you admin privileges.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security