Author Topic: Avast Keeps Auto-Renewing When I Have Disabled Auto-Renewal and Unsubscribed!  (Read 2066 times)

Offline oldsport66

This is my dad's account and I'm helping him out with this issue.
I don't know the exact date of when we purchased the Premium Multi-Device. I think 2017, but e-mail accounts and address have been changed that at this point we can't find the order e-mail when it was purchased! I'm disabled, I have multiple health problems that I'm not able to always keep track of what my elderly parents do who aren't tech-savvy.

But I logged into the My Avast account of my dad's and I unsubscribed last year, yet it renewed! Also, on my dad's PC, when I pull up Avast it shows 2 other additional features, but they aren't showing up on my dad's My Avast account. I canceled/unsubscribed on the application on my dad's PC. They show they can be installed and activated. My dad thought it was a monthly thing, but it was for a year with VPN and Anti-Track. But it also says they are being used on 3 other devices. Well I was having issues with Avast severely slowing my PC and I don't like Avast, but my dad says it's the best and most trusted and I can't talk him out of this. I uninstalled on my PC, but prior to that, it never showed VPN or Anti-Track on my PC. I also checked my mom's PC and it's not there either, yet it says on my the Avast Application on my Dad's PC that it is being used on 3 devices.

I've tried contacting Avast over the years, but they never resolve my problem.

I'm reading some FAQ's recently and it says that even if you unsubscribe, it still continues until the expiration date. But I unsubscribed last year and it has renewed again! I'm put into a corner here and I guess I'm gonna have to figure a way for the bank to block them so they can no longer charge us!

Has anyone had this or a similar issue? And do you know how to get Avast to actually cancel everything and not keep charging. There is no other account with these features. So it's no that. I don't know what else to do but get the bank involved! I don't understand how or why Avast has this system in place, because that's stupid and malicious!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Personally I would never subscribe to an auto payment mandate (and that is for any program) I would buy a license and renew it manually as and when required.

That said - Normally you should receive an email reminder prior to a renewal payment being actioned.  But as you say email addresses have been changed, etc. so you probably aren't seeing these.

Cancelling automatic renewal of the Avast subscription - See https://support.avast.com/en-en/article/35
This requires an order ID, if you haven't got the Order ID, etc enter 00000000 and give as much information that you can to help identify it.

Avast Premium didn't include the Avast Secureline VPN and Anti-Track , so they could well be on separate Order IDs, I don't know how these were ordered, so I can't say for sure, but you could enquire about that in the same request.

As an avast user and not an avast team member I can only point you in the right direction.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline oldsport66

I was able to find some paperwork from when we initially made the order. And it was older than I remembered, back in May of 2015. Now we also have printed off for the following years 2016, 2017, and 2018, but for some reason my dad stopped printing off the renewals he got from his e-mail. And I noticed that each year the Order Numbered changed. And my dad said he recently deleted a tons of e-mails on his address, so we no longer have the invoices for years 2019 and 2020.

My question is: Will Avast accept older Order Numbers or do I have to have the latest Order Number from the latest renewal?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Presumably the Order ID changes on renewal as the old ID would reference the license period and product.

Given what I have said about using the 0000000 as an order ID to get past the request for order ID, you should then be able to explain the circumstances.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
This is my dad's account and I'm helping him out with this issue.
I don't know the exact date of when we purchased the Premium Multi-Device. I think 2017, but e-mail accounts and address have been changed that at this point we can't find the order e-mail when it was purchased! I'm disabled, I have multiple health problems that I'm not able to always keep track of what my elderly parents do who aren't tech-savvy.

But I logged into the My Avast account of my dad's and I unsubscribed last year, yet it renewed! Also, on my dad's PC, when I pull up Avast it shows 2 other additional features, but they aren't showing up on my dad's My Avast account. I canceled/unsubscribed on the application on my dad's PC. They show they can be installed and activated. My dad thought it was a monthly thing, but it was for a year with VPN and Anti-Track. But it also says they are being used on 3 other devices. Well I was having issues with Avast severely slowing my PC and I don't like Avast, but my dad says it's the best and most trusted and I can't talk him out of this. I uninstalled on my PC, but prior to that, it never showed VPN or Anti-Track on my PC. I also checked my mom's PC and it's not there either, yet it says on my the Avast Application on my Dad's PC that it is being used on 3 devices.

I've tried contacting Avast over the years, but they never resolve my problem.

I'm reading some FAQ's recently and it says that even if you unsubscribe, it still continues until the expiration date. But I unsubscribed last year and it has renewed again! I'm put into a corner here and I guess I'm gonna have to figure a way for the bank to block them so they can no longer charge us!

Has anyone had this or a similar issue? And do you know how to get Avast to actually cancel everything and not keep charging. There is no other account with these features. So it's no that. I don't know what else to do but get the bank involved! I don't understand how or why Avast has this system in place, because that's stupid and malicious!

Hi,

Please accept our apology for any misunderstanding that might have arisen around your subscription.
In the past, you had separate subscriptions for Avast Premium Security, Avast SecureLine VPN and Avast AntiTrack.
You currently have Avast Ultimate (Multi-Device) bundle. This means that you can use Avast Premium Security, Avast SecureLine VPN, Avast AntiTrack and Avast Cleanup Premium on up to 10 devices.
If you log into your my.avast.com account, go to Subscriptions and on the right-hand side of the screen under "Install on your devices", it will display links to all the apps you can install for the different devices.
Furthermore, once you cancel your subscription the auto-renewal stops. You can continue to use the applications until the license for those applications end. This does not imply that your subscription will continue or that you will be charged again.
Our support will reply to the case/ticket you have raised with us.

Offline oldsport66

I'm telling you I unsubscribed last year! And now it says it has been renewed until next year! It even says on My Avast that I unsubscribed, and it wasn't recently, it was last year! Yet I've got a renewal and charge.
What else am I supposed to do? I'm tired of not getting my message across. How many times do I have to say I unsubscribed last year! Yet you people won't believe me or just give me a generic message! If this is what your customer support is like and your terribly system, I'm going to the bank and blocking you guys from ever charging our accounts! I should be able to cancel and refund when I didn't tell Avast to renew another damn year! Instead your system is "wait for the renewal/charge period to end" And when it does, I'm stuck in an endless circle. I'm not prolonging this crap!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 10:24:47 PM by oldsport66 »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
I'm telling you I unsubscribed last year! And now it says it has been renewed until next year! It even says on My Avast that I unsubscribed, and it wasn't recently, it was last year! Yet I've got a renewal and charge.
What else am I supposed to do? I'm tired of not getting my message across. How many times do I have to say I unsubscribed last year! Yet you people won't believe me or just give me a generic message! If this is what your customer support is like and your terribly system, I'm going to the bank and blocking you guys from ever charging our accounts! I should be able to cancel and refund when I didn't tell Avast to renew another damn year! Instead your system is "wait for the renewal/charge period to end" And when it does, I'm stuck in an endless circle. I'm not prolonging this crap!

Hi,

We fully agree with you that you unsubscribed. However, we do not have any new charge for this year under the account details you provided. Could you kindly reply to the support email we sent with the necessary details as requested by the support team.