Author Topic: NT On-Access Scanner service has encountered a problem  (Read 5668 times)

roky20002

NT On-Access Scanner service has encountered a problem
« on: February 09, 2004, 11:53:30 AM »
hi  i installed avast on my pc having norton antivirus an the system ofcourse the system became unstable and i uninstalled the avast.

BUT!!! everytime after uninstallation i log into my pc an error message appear after the system hangs for some minuites "NT On-Access Scanner service has encountered a problem "

i dont know how to resolve that problem or the hanging(freeze) of my pc.

so anyone have an idea thanks .
roky2002.

ps: i searched the registry entries for avast and i found lots of entries do i remove them or what??

roky20002

Re:NT On-Access Scanner service has encountered a problem
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 11:59:00 AM »
forgot to mention i have winxp pro and norton and mcafee antiviruses on the system.
Do i format or what plz reply,thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 05:15:12 AM »
forgot to mention i have winxp pro and norton and mcafee antiviruses on the system.
Do i format or what plz reply,thanks.

With three antivirus at the same time... With Norton!...
I really suggest that you backup your data and start all over again.
Try avast!  ;D

P.S. If you search the forums you will find a lot of information of how to uninstall Norton  :-\
The best things in life are free.

tigny

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 01:22:30 PM »

I had this problem: it happen every times McAfee antivirus services starts (at Windows boot or after a McAfee update)

try uninstalling Mcafee there will not be this message anymore.

Btw when you unistall Mcafee it create an exe file which tries to log on to the internet: for example  2004212194848_mcinfo.exe, 2004212194851_mcappins.exe and 2004212194848_MCINFO.-355A3F32.pf

I'm on WinXP and had McAfee Antivirus.