Author Topic: Avast freezes whilst downloading emails  (Read 3668 times)

dominicus

Avast freezes whilst downloading emails
« on: February 09, 2004, 12:07:05 PM »
Got problems running office outlook 2003.
For some reason or another, when I'm downloading more than one email, my outlook just freezez and stops after Avast have checked the first of multible emails.

I'm running Fireball CyberProtection Suite as  afirewall.

Any suggestions.

Best regards,

D.

Chief-ADFP

Re:Avast freezes whilst downloading emails
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 12:57:21 PM »
Got problems running office outlook 2003.
For some reason or another, when I'm downloading more than one email, my outlook just freezez and stops after Avast have checked the first of multible emails.

I'm running Fireball CyberProtection Suite as  afirewall.

Any suggestions.

Best regards,

D.
do you have more then one Antirus program running to: scan the E-mail you can only use one to do the job. if you have more then one doing it lockup like crazy:o i have 2-antirvus programs running at same time, 1 dose the e-mail and the other scan in the back ground it they don't lockup any more. you can have them both run in the back ground no trouble at all, only the e-mail part of it only one can do it or they fight over it and lockup.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 03:09:19 PM »
Does the problem persist even if you restart your machine? (ehm, I mean the computer :))
« Last Edit: February 09, 2004, 03:09:39 PM by Vlk »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

dominicus

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 11:54:23 AM »
Yep , the problem is still there.....
The only way for me to receive more than one email is to shut down the On-Access Scanner. There's no other virus/email-scanner running on my PC, though I'm using Ella for anti-spam....

d.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 05:18:00 AM »
Yep , the problem is still there.....
The only way for me to receive more than one email is to shut down the On-Access Scanner. There's no other virus/email-scanner running on my PC, though I'm using Ella for anti-spam....
d.

Probably you have an incompatibility between the three involved applications: email client, avast! and anti-spam. What is happening now? Is your system working?  8)
The best things in life are free.