Author Topic: Avast and Comodo  (Read 4540 times)

candoo

Avast and Comodo
« on: February 26, 2007, 11:28:00 PM »
After a lot of research about AV and FW, I will try new combination due to my frustration with Zone Alarm. How do they work together? With so many Shields on both, do they conflict? And once I delete ZA should I install Comodo FW or Avast AV first on my system? Any comments and tips would be appreciated.

THX
Candoo

timcan

Re: Avast and Comodo
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 12:43:46 AM »
Hello, I'm not using avast! and comodo together at this moment but have used this combo and worked well. It probably won't make any difference which order you install these programs but IMO I'd want the firewall running first.Comodo monitors things very well.Hope this helps.Tim

buttoni

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 01:58:05 AM »
I'm using Avast free with Comodo FW Pro 2.4 with no problems.  I only installed Avast's Web, Standard, Network & Mail Shields (I don't use IM, P2P or Outlook/Exchange).  The Comodo forums are recommending installation of the FW first (which I did), reboot, install Avast, reboot, then "fine tune" the two to your liking.  You should perhaps create a restore point in System Restore first and be sure to completely uninstall your prior FW & AV with all available removal tools at maker website.  Be sure to shut down any security programs/guards/software before you begin.  Of course I have my 2Wire 1800 DSL router firewall set to defaults for the most part. First connection attempt went like a charm.  I have experienced no connection issues, no BSOD's ever with these two programs. FWI, both programs have always updated just fine as well.

Hope this info convinces you to try Comodo!  Great FW even a female like me can install right out of the box.  Great user forum.   I highly recommend checking out their helpful tutorial (if they still have it on-line) on how to install/setup to facilitate a smooth install.  This is the link for where it used to be (takes a few seconds to load):

http://www.embsolutions.com.au/cpf_rule/

« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 02:31:14 AM by buttoni »

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 02:21:48 AM »
I am also using Comodo and Avast with absolutely no problems. :)
printed on 100% recycled bytes

candoo

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 02:41:45 AM »
Thank you all for the info. :D  I will install and try both programs

buttoni ; I see you also use CS V2 like myself. I would assume there are no issues with CS either.

Candoo

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 07:09:38 AM »
I am also using Comodo and Avast with absolutely no problems. :)

Same here...works without problems!  :)

Both are GREAT programs, with great user-forums!
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

buttoni

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 02:16:05 PM »
@ Candoo:

None whatsoever.  I turned off the firewall & Avast during the off-line install (I always do this).