Author Topic: Red circle startup problem continues  (Read 2963 times)

Metzik

Red circle startup problem continues
« on: February 26, 2007, 09:32:17 AM »
Q: ThereĀ“s a red circle on avast! a-ball icon in system tray and when I click on it, the error message appears saying "the AAVM subsystem detected a RPC error". How to fix this?

A: First, use Windows Update to be sure that all Windows components (including "RPC") is up to date. Then restart your computer and check if the problem persists. If it persists, follow these instructions:

Right-click the icon MY COMPUTER and select MANAGE.
In left column unroll SERVICES AND APPLICATIONS.
Click on SERVICES.
In the right column, look at the state of service avast! Antivirus.
If the service isn't set to start automatically, set it that way (right-click it and select PROPERTIES and the STARTUP TYPE set to AUTOMATIC). Restart the computer after making the change.
If it was already set to "Automatic", check the status of the service. If it not "Started", try to start it (right-click it and select START).
If the service cannot be started, your avast! installation might be corrupted. Try repairing the avast! installation: click START -> CONTROL PANEL -> ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS -> avast! Antivirus -> CHANGE/REMOVE and select REPAIR.

The circle disappear after a while, like a minute or so, but during that time I can't do much on my computer. Avast startup type is set to automatic and Windows Update is up to date. What can I do?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Red circle startup problem continues
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 06:21:45 PM »
Hi, and welcome to the avast forum.

Try importing this .reg file: http://public.avast.com/~vlk/avast-fast-start.reg.
It should help... :)

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.