Author Topic: How can I use Outlook Express with Avast ?  (Read 2989 times)

Tan

How can I use Outlook Express with Avast ?
« on: February 10, 2004, 03:15:48 AM »
Hi all...

I don't know what I did wrong I can't check my e-mail with Outlook Express at all. Outlook Express keeps asking me a password again and again and again when I set it to use with Avast's Internet mail ( all in latest version ). I did through a Mail Protection Wizard after the installation and it seemed to work fine but not, I've tried to manually replace a POP3 and SMTP with 127.0.0.1 in Outlook Express but I have no luck. But I wonder that Avast's Internet mail works fine in Opera M2 with no problems.

I've noticed that Avast considerably slows down almost everything on my Notebook ( Windows XP pro SP1, Mobile Celeron 2 GHz, 256 MB of RAM ) than Norton 2004 and McAfee 8 do, so I have to exclude
C:\WINDOWS\* and C:\Program Files\* in Avast's Standard shield I know it's not a good security practise but I have to do to take my fast machine back.  :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 07:35:53 AM by Tan »

Culpeper

Re:How can I use Outlook Express with Avast ?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 07:23:54 AM »
Shouldn't user name look something like "yourname#mail.yourisp.com"

Tan

Re:How can I use Outlook Express with Avast ?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 07:53:49 AM »
You're right, I did a Mail Protection Wizard again and did not change anything in Outlook Express before I push the Send/Receive botton and now my Outlook Express and Avast! work great !!! So sorry for stupid question.

Thanks for fast response.  ;)