Author Topic: Cannot update auto or manual  (Read 13933 times)

TKS

Re: Cannot update auto or manual
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 12:34:51 AM »
Thank you for replying. I'll try downloading a new installation file & do an uninstall & fresh install. I think you have explained it. I just recently put together a new system & had just installed the Avast file I had saved previously & figured that it would just update itself once I got online with it. The file probably did indeed date from about mid 2006. I need to get rid of the old downloaded program files I save that have been superceded. I'll let you know what happens.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 01:52:17 AM »
figured that it would just update itself once I got online with it.
If your setup is too old, it's better to get the last version setup and install it from the scratch.

I'll let you know what happens.
We'll be here to help you 8)
The best things in life are free.

TKS

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 03:04:10 AM »
It works just like it is supposed to. Thanks much for your expertise. I shouldn't have assumed the program file would update itself. That's what I get for using a saved install file instead of downloading a new 13 Meg file. If I could go back a few days, that would be a no-brainer. You have a sharp eye to have noticed the older previous version. Most like me would just check the current version. Again, thank you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 01:11:43 PM »
Your welcome, glad we could help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 06:34:38 PM »
I shouldn't have assumed the program file would update itself.
Well... avast DOES update itself if you set so. You can use automatic updates for both (or just one) program and virus databases.
The best things in life are free.