Author Topic: Conflict with SandboxIE  (Read 2723 times)

cimmind

Conflict with SandboxIE
« on: August 22, 2008, 03:10:13 PM »
I recently installed SandboxIE program thats a freeware. The program installer asked for all other active programs to be shut down, which i did, and then for a restart.

After the restart, SandboxIE took over the startup and prevented Avast services from starting, except for ashDisp. I just couldnt get them to start from the icon, getting  error message. The beauty was that even sandboxie itself was not functioning, its icon showing a exclamation mark.   

I think this has to do with the problem: http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?SBIE1116

Are there people using Avast 4.8 along with SandboxIE? ..
and is there a real need for sandboxie (i mean i will have to weigh protection afforded by it against the inconvenience caused in downloading & installing software from net)     

wyrmrider

Re: Conflict with SandboxIE
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 04:37:33 PM »
Hi
Same machine as in the other post?
do you have the resources to run sandboxie?
good question
somebody?

cimmind

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 05:05:32 PM »
Yes, its the same machine wyr.
No, i dont have the resources, but is sandboxie too a resource-hog?

[PS: good to hear from u again. I am posting on the forum after long, hope u rmbr me and the confusion with 'Chim'! And i hope its ok to abbv your name to wyr]   

gdiloren

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 05:42:54 PM »
I think Sandboxie is a resource-hog. I use it on decent machines with 2.4 GHz and 1.6GHz and at least 512MB RAM. No, I haven't had any problem with both AVAST and Sandboxie. Yes, it can be useful if you care to always use it. But RETURNIL is even better. :)

wyrmrider

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 06:25:40 PM »
Call me anything just call me :)
keep those cards and letters coming in
How's your memory?