Author Topic: turn off warning sound?  (Read 4812 times)

lee_

turn off warning sound?
« on: February 10, 2004, 08:16:35 PM »
is there a way to turn off the warning sound in the outlook provider?  

I have 'silent mode' set, but the alarm sound still plays.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:turn off warning sound?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 10:32:19 PM »
Silent mode is something completely different (please see the help for more info).

To disable or fine-tune avast sounds, start 'avast antivirus' (e.g. by clicking the desktop icon), go to the settings (via program menu) and make necessary changes on the Sounds page.

Hope this helps,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

lee_

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 11:01:11 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'd suggest making the control panel app easier to find:

* add a button on the Resident Protection app to go to the control panel app.

* rename the right click status bar menu item that was 'Start Avast! .." to 'Avast! Control Center' or something.  (Since I knew the avast scanner was already running, I didn't think to try 'Start Avast!')

* make a more traditional skin the default.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 12:05:21 AM »
 lee_ wrote:
I'd suggest making the control panel app easier to find:

* add a button on the Resident Protection app to go to the control panel app.

* rename the right click status bar menu item that was 'Start Avast! .." to 'Avast! Control Center' or something.  (Since I knew the avast scanner was already running, I didn't think to try 'Start Avast!')

* make a more traditional skin the default.

You already have a button on every single skin for resident app. All my skins have a button (usually on the top part of the skin) with sign "MENU" very easy to read...

If you don't like those "gamey" style skins, you can switch anytime to  "Corporate" or "Flat'n'Simple" skins which are also done by me, and they look pretty much like 'normal' Win98 windows. I posted some picture previews of those simple skins in here:
CLICK HERE
(...pages number 1 and number 4 in that thread...)

Cheers !
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 12:09:48 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 12:11:21 AM »

Hi lee,

You'll probably get a better (and even more correct) technical reply from one of the team shortly, but in the meantime ...

Unless you have the interface open, avast is "running" only in the sense that the resident scanners are active.  If you want to run an on-demand disk scan, for example, or change settings other than for the resident scanners, you'll have to start the "main" program, i.e. the interface.

Hopefully this will clarify a little what's happening -- I'm not usually very successful at explaining things.  ;)

Best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent