Author Topic: internet connected but cant view websites  (Read 3190 times)

tiago226

internet connected but cant view websites
« on: March 05, 2007, 05:34:11 AM »
My computer was working fine until i installed avast!, My internet is connected and I can go on Aol instant messenger and stuff but i cant go on the internet explorer and it all started when i installed this, might it have blocked it? what do i do?

I have Windows Vista on my computer and yes it is up to date. The version of avast! i have is 4.7. The Virus database file version is 00721-2. I also do have a firewall on my computer its the windows firewall that came with it but even when i turn it off i still can't view websites. I also have McAfee on my computer it also came with it. But before Avast! the computer was doing good.

Also how do I make the computer allow he ashWebSV.exe? and how to terminate the WebShield provider if i have to?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 10:12:45 PM by tiago226 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: internet connected but cant view websites
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 02:12:29 PM »
We will need more information to be able to help you:
- Which OS are you using? Is it up to date?
- What avast! version and VPS file (virus database) number?
- Do you use a firewall? Which one?
- Do you have any other antivirus installed in your system?
- Any other security programs that could interfere?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 04:06:32 PM »
Ensure that your firewall allows access for ashWebSv.exe, the avast! Web Shield, without it you won't be able to browse.

You can Terminate the Web Shield provider, if you can then browse it may be an indication that your firewall is blocking it. This is however, dependant on the answers you give to Tech's questions.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 11:58:20 AM »

I also have McAfee on my computer it also came with it. But before Avast! the computer was doing good.

Well, that may be the source of your problem. 2 avs at the same time is not good. You will have to uninstall one or the other.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 06:20:38 PM »
If disabling McAfee doesn't help, please also see here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=27037.0
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.