Author Topic: adober.exe  (Read 16752 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: adober.exe
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 02:23:10 PM »
I followed the instuctions and deleted adober.exe from c:windows and ravman.log from reg, scaned system and my usb disk  and now it seems ok, but when i click to usbhdd icon win opens "open with/choose the program...." window. ofcouce if i choose  explorer it works but every time i need to do it. what should i do? 
Google is your friend...
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/fileassoc/xp_directory_reg.zip
or to read more http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
The best things in life are free.

JAH011

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 03:24:57 PM »
thx, but only my removable disk is doing wrong... i dl fix and still opens the same dialog... maybe something else...  I also tried folder association and lnk file ass fix... nothing...

onfire

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 07:32:35 AM »
I followed the instuctions and deleted adober.exe from c:windows and ravman.log from reg, scaned system and my usb disk  and now it seems ok, but when i click to usbhdd icon win opens "open with/choose the program...." window. ofcouce if i choose  explorer it works but every time i need to do it. what should i do? 
thx
jah

I had this same problem. Here's the deal. The worm added some entries to the registry which then changed the context menus (which is what you get when you right click) for all mounted drives (including removable disks). It changes the default from Open to Auto. So here is what you need to do:

1. Open regedit.
2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2
***Back this up before making changes***
Option A
3. Search the various keys for a sub key with Shell (capitalize)
4. Then search the subkeys under ones containing Auto
5. If any of the Auto subkeys contain subkeys named command click on them and see if "adober.exe" or "ravmonlog" are referenced.
6. If so, delete the entire key.

Option B
3. Go to Edit-Find...
4. Search only in keys and for the string "Auto". Check "Match Whole String Only"
5. Follow steps 5 and 6 from above

7. Repeat 5 and 6 until you can open your drive normally.

hope that helps.

onfire

funkpowa

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 11:23:56 AM »
hallo,

I would like to know when will be fixed the Avast real-time scanning for this worm. I've many problems with it: any time someone plugs an infected device on our lan i'm infected (please note that other antivirus, one of all AVS, find the threat as devices will be plugged-in).

thanks